Sheep Draws

sheephunter

Anyone have any suggestions for Oregon-California Bighorn, Washington-California Bighorn, Idaho-California Bighorn, California-Desert Bighorn?

Thanks!

I think you could pull a nice sheep out of any of the Oregon units. I would put in for the units with long established herds. Units like Hart Mtn., Steens, Catlow, Beatys Butte, or East Owyhee have some great rams. But they pull some great rams out of the satelite herds as well. First you gotta draw a tag!! I hope I'll draw a tag someday as well. Good luck!

Jer

It depends on if you are a resident of Oregon. I think you get two choices for non-residents in Oregon (Hart. Mtn & Poker Jim). I think its a coin toss in Idaho for Cali's--better odds than everywhere else but not huge sheep. In Washington, Lincoln Cliffs should be a good one for a mid 160's sheep.

I always forget about non-res tags, only a few choices but they are pretty good ones though. I believe the steens has a non-res tag? maybe I'm wrong though.
Jer

Hey SH,

got a question for you, under yukon dall sheep about bonnet plume. look it up and get back to me.
Thanks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom