sheep goat draw 2023

Congrats! Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society will again host a sheep and goat hunter meet & greet this summer to connect new hunters with guys who have had the tag in the past. Keep an eye out for details. And come to the RMBS Rendezvous on May 20 in Grand Junction. No better place for a sheep tag holder to be that day. Literally hundreds of sheep nuts with prior experience will be happy to talk to you.

I’d take that second sheep tag ANYDAY over a moose or goat tag!!
I always wanted to go to Alaska moose hunting - bucket list stuff. Several years ago I was ready to pull the plug, but I couldn't justify spending that kind of money. Funny part is now, I could afford it but the price jumped from 8K-20K and I am back in the I can't pull the plug mode again. One of my good hunting buddies, harvested a 50" moose here in CO a few years back and I am still green with envy.

Nonetheless my original sheep tag was a great tag with long odds to pull which I harvested a great trophy, and here I am again with another great sheep tag and great trophy potential.

Life is really good!

back in 2005 I drew sheep and moose same year. that was an adventure.
That happened to me in 2021
DFAE2180-0FA4-4953-B8EA-405B5F7BE8FC.jpeg
2E208326-09C2-4519-93FA-C0F0E4321C83.jpeg

I always wanted to go to Alaska moose hunting - bucket list stuff. Several years ago I was ready to pull the plug, but I couldn't justify spending that kind of money. Funny part is now, I could afford it but the price jumped from 8K-20K and I am back in the I can't pull the plug mode again. One of my good hunting buddies, harvested a 50" moose here in CO a few years back and I am still green with envy.

Nonetheless my original sheep tag was a great tag with long odds to pull which I harvested a great trophy, and here I am again with another great sheep tag and great trophy potential.

Life is really good!
Look at it this way, that sheep tag would cost $150k to buy and the goat can be replaced for $10k and the moose $30k. And you get to still have your pojnts and draw the other two anyhow!

Look at it this way, that sheep tag would cost $150k to buy and the goat can be replaced for $10k and the moose $30k. And you get to still have your pojnts and draw the other two anyhow!
I like your thinking. Hopefully I can draw these tags while I still reasonable good health!

I drew that tag last year and killed a nice ram. I'd be happy to help you out. I don't come here daily, but if you pm me I'll get back to you eventually and we can discuss. Big Congrats! Soak it up.
I appreciate that. I PM’d you

I hear ya on the knees part. Fortunately my wife loves hunting as much as I do.
Mine is extremely supportive - and for that I'm truly grateful but goat hunts are usually in hard country. She has helped me pack out (and usually spot and butcher) multiple elk, deer, 1 bighorn and our first mountain goat (but that goat was 15 years ago this fall... :) She turned 66 yesterday and although she's still just as supportive, she encourages me more and more to make new (younger) friends :ROFLMAO:

The Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society Sheep and Goat Hunter Meet & Greet is July 8th in Golden, Co at 1 Shot Gear. Purpose is to give the new crop of tag holders a leg up on their preparations and scouting. See below info and weblink to RSVP and provide what we need to ensure we recruit prior tag holders who know your hunt and are happy to share what they know with you, the new crop of Sheep and Goat hunters!

Cheers!

Kirby/KHunter
RMBS Board Member

2023 Sheep and Goat Meet & Greet Flyer.jpg

Hey Kirby, he’s locked out here, can’t remember his password. Asked me to get your email address.
Thx. He just messaged me. so should work out. I also messaged him on Rokslide. Some folks are hardwr to help but we try.

You play the draw game for decades in multiple states and sometimes you win. Now I'm old and really understand how special it is. But the legs and lungs are not what they used to be.
The draw game favors longevity. I'm very old and still applying for sheep tags. It keeps me younger than I would otherwise be.
Keep us posted on how it goes!

I would like to thank everyone on here that provided information. The Colorado RMBS for hosting the meet and greet, and for their members providing valuable information on where to start my search. Had a son and three grandson's with me. For an S3 ram I'm very happy.

View attachment 119639
What a dandy long ram! Congratulations!
That's Crazy CO Guy! Story Please!

What a dandy long ram! Congratulations!
That's Crazy CO Guy! Story Please!
Multiple solo scouting trips, during which I spotted this ram twice. But knew that he needed to make it through the early season. I had met three of the four early season hunters thru the RMBS and on the mountain. We shared a lot of information, and one of them knew of this ram and a second was hunting the area. All three harvested rams, but this ram was still on the mountain. My son did a massive thru hike to confirm scouting locations the day before my hunt, but saw very few sheep. After a two and half hour predawn hike, we spotted a new heavy dark ram at 600 yards as he walked out of the canyon into another drainage. But were unable to turn up the original ram. Hiked into the second drainage but couldn't find the dark ram, and the terrain was rougher than I was comfortable negotiating. But the reposition provided a new angle into the original canyon and we spotted this ram. Having spent the summer with him I decided he was the one I wanted. Was able to slip out onto a ledge for a steep downhill shot. Waited 30 minutes for it to separate itself from the other 8 rams. Took a 275 yards shot and he never got out of his bed. I couldn't be happier with this ram and the total summer and fall experience. Having my family there added to the adventure.

Multiple solo scouting trips, during which I spotted this ram twice. But knew that he needed to make it through the early season. I had met three of the four early season hunters thru the RMBS and on the mountain. We shared a lot of information, and one of them knew of this ram and a second was hunting the area. All three harvested rams, but this ram was still on the mountain. My son did a massive thru hike to confirm scouting locations the day before my hunt, but saw very few sheep. After a two and half hour predawn hike, we spotted a new heavy dark ram at 600 yards as he walked out of the canyon into another drainage. But were unable to turn up the original ram. Hiked into the second drainage but couldn't find the dark ram, and the terrain was rougher than I was comfortable negotiating. But the reposition provided a new angle into the original canyon and we spotted this ram. Having spent the summer with him I decided he was the one I wanted. Was able to slip out onto a ledge for a steep downhill shot. Waited 30 minutes for it to separate itself from the other 8 rams. Took a 275 yards shot and he never got out of his bed. I couldn't be happier with this ram and the total summer and fall experience. Having my family there added to the adventure.
Awesome adventure Crazy! Thanks for sharing.
I think having family along for a sheep hunt is pure icing on an amazing cake. Well done.

I would like to thank everyone on here that provided information. The Colorado RMBS for hosting the meet and greet, and for their members providing valuable information on where to start my search. Had a son and three grandson's with me. For an S3 ram I'm very happy.

View attachment 119639
Congrats and please send us an article for our RMBS Bighorn magazine!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom