Sheep & Goat Results up Tomorrow. 4/19/2022

Same here I’m in but already have a busy hunting schedule so points for most everything and then moose, sheep and mtn goat all in

Same for my wife, goat point. . I am in the 5 year wait on rocky and goat.
Desert would be nice to draw….

I got a cc hit at 9:01 for $50. Did you guys that put in for both sheep and goat get a cc hit for pref pts. for one species so far or were both species on one charge?

Yikes I just realized it was $100 each for points.................. so.............

Still a chance. I just got the 'No" email for mnt goat, NR app

Enjoy it, I still remember drawing S44, I walked outside of work and called family and friends and was choked up. ENJOY! Lot's of great guys on bowsite who I am sure will help out!

Badda Boom baby drew a rifle ram tag. Last killed in Colorado in 2004 dam near 20 years ago and it kicked my ass then..but ended up being my top hunt of all time

Clean Best Sheep - Copy.jpg

S-6...but a lot has happened in the last 20 years. Use to be they gave out like 10-12 ram tags a year and now 2. The sheep numbers are really down. So not in the plus column for sure but I got a tag and the unit is not too far from where I live and I know the country pretty well and looking a quality experience.

Going to be a fun year for us...

I drew G12 goat and wife drew S5/S60 ram. We are close enough to S5/S60 that I think we can manage it unguided.

I will be spending a significant amount of time making phone calls over the next week.

First post, lurked for years. On too many other forums. Saw this thread and couldn't not share the good news.

There fixed it for you. That place is a trash can these days. Used to be a sheep draw thread weeks before the draws even took place.
I have noticed that. I am not there are much. I put up a post about AK caribou info trying to help guys out and got torn to pieces by someone. Ridiculous.

Congratulations to those that drew. I seems to me that this might be a record year for MM people drawing so many tags.

Going to be a fun year for us...

I drew G12 goat and wife drew S5/S60 ram. We are close enough to S5/S60 that I think we can manage it unguided.

I will be spending a significant amount of time making phone calls over the next week.

First post, lurked for years. On too many other forums. Saw this thread and couldn't not share the good news.
Congratulations to you and your wife! I killed a ram in S5/S60 in 2017. Let me know if I can answer some questions for you.

Congrats to the folks who drew. My buddy drew an Archery goat tag in the Chicago basin.
Last time I was in there the goats would literally walk right up to you. Apparently they were freshly reintroduced. It was like nothing I’d ever seen. That was 20 years ago though.

Also I thought Colorado only had two rifle seasons for goat. Is there a specific goat archery season ?

Chicago basin isn’t a unit, it’s the petting zoo of G5. If you draw a goat tag for G5, and head to Chicago Basin, it tells us a lot about your definition of a hunt. G5 has tremendous billies, with awesome country, waiting for you. CB is like driving to blue lake getting out and shooting a goat in front of 50 vehicles.

Good luck to all! Summer will fly by!

Chicago basin isn’t a unit, it’s the petting zoo of G5. If you draw a goat tag for G5, and head to Chicago Basin, it tells us a lot about your definition of a hunt. G5 has tremendous billies, with awesome country, waiting for you. CB is like driving to blue lake getting out and shooting a goat in front of 50 vehicles.

Good luck to all! Summer will fly by!
We packed a couple 12 ers in there one afternoon and bagged some peaks the next day.

But while we were laying around camp that afternoon, drinking beers, starting to urinate a lot, the goats came beelining at us. First two then four then twelve.

Apparently they were after the salt in our pee.

Getting a good beer buzz at High elevation and watching mountain goats wrestle each other to drink fresh piss still is one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen.

A side bar ,, anyone venture a guess on the posting of elk results?
They post the results on a pre-set schedule now, it typically doesn't vary. The draw results for remaining species (Elk, Deer, Pronghorn, Bear, Moose), are scheduled to be posted during May 31 through June 3.

They post the results on a pre-set schedule now, it typically doesn't vary. The draw results for remaining species (Elk, Deer, Pronghorn, Bear, Moose), are scheduled to be posted during May 31 through June 3.
Thanks, wanna make sure I have funds in my account when I draw that Tag !

All you lucky sheep and goat hunters should register and join us at the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society annual Rendezvous June 11th. No better place to get connected with hundreds of sheep fanatics and previous hunters as you start your scouting and scheming!

Also considering becoming an RMBS member to help our mission to put more sheep (and goats) on the mountain.

7D46DB83-2274-4D6B-A220-0EDD6AC4414E.jpeg

Congrasts again to the lucky Colo Shep and Goat tag holders!

There are a couple great Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society events to meet and discuss your hunt with previous hunters.

The first is the annual RMBS Rendevous event. Get signed up quick as it happens next weekend June 10-11

Lucky Sheep and goat tag holders should join us at the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society Sheep and Goat hunter Meet and Greet on July 9.

https://www.bighornsheep.org/meet-greet
2022 Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society
Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Hunter Meet & Greet
When
: July 9. 2022. 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: 1 Shot Gear, 16190 S Golden Rd Unit A, Golden, CO 80401

Join us for a day of visiting with fellow sheep and goat hunters! Talk strategy, look at your maps, and meet hunters who have drawn this year and in the past! Food trucks will be on site and we will provide free beverages. Bring some cash for a chance at some great raffle prizes.

Please RSVP by completing the form on our website. Include the unit you drew sothat we can make every effort to have someone there with experience.

Hard to beat hanging out with hundreds of experience sheep and goat nuts when you have a tag still with wet ink on it! Come join us.

Kirby
RMBS Board Member and lucky previous holder of 5 Colo sheep/goat tags

Thanks Kirby!!!!!!!! Congrat's to everyone who drew, nada in CO this year but I have drawn mnt goat and sheep so no complaints.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom