sheep mounts

mtncowboy

When it comes to bighorn sheep which do you prefer, the standard shoulder mount or a wall pedestal mount? If you have pictures of either of these, I would love to see them. Thanks.

Please don't do a standard, old school shoulder mount on a bighorn!!! They deserve so much more! Pedestal or wall pedestal are such better mounts in my opinion.

do a open shoulder turning mount with rock habitat coming up the backside! check out dewey wildlife studio. there working my Dall sheep in this and I cant wait to see it

save up and do a full body. my dall is at the taxi getting a full body mount. its just money and in a few years it won't mater the cost. I think the shoulder mounts are very disappointing for a trophy like a sheep.

^^^ What kimbersig said! I've got a desert sheep hunt in December and have a taxi lined up to do a full body mount. As luck would have it, the NM taxidermist assn had their annual show the weekend after I drew. Several shoulders/pedestals and a life size were there. Hands down, a life size is the way to go....I'll figure out where to put it later. Sheep are pretty much once in a lifetime and most places have a payment plan lol!

If this is likely to be your only ram a lifesize mount is stunning. I took a Fannin in 2006 and regretted not doing a lifesize mount. I got a lucky reprieve and drew a desert tag in 2014 - there was going to be no compromising on that one. It still takes my breath away when I look at it.

Good luck on your hunt!

That is a dam pretty pedestal mount there cbeard, cant imagine dedicating the space to display it though...

I guess it should always fit the space first, or it looks stupid, no matter the beauty of the animal/mount. For most normal people having a half dozen like that would relegate them to living in the garage or basement... after the divorce is finalized of course.

Rams look good with "just" a shoulder mount as the horns are impressive in and of themselves, as opposed to say a goat or bear where the coat is a large part of the beauty.

It all starts with the trophy room and builds from there, a beautiful mount like that desert in a 10x12' bedroom with an 8' ceiling would not be good, a 30x25' with a 20' ceiling would be VERY nice...

My ram display is the best I could come up with in the home I own, would I like a "sheep mountain" OF COURSE!!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s208/squirrel046/pictures%20of%20my%20home/DSC00046.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-16 AT 05:52AM (MST)[p]Don't get me wrong - I love a good shoulder mount. I particularly love pedestal shoulder mounts.

I have a spot that works great for the full body mount, but I couldn't accommodate several of them - that's for sure!

If you get both this season, what about a double mount? I did mine and my daughter's 2019 pronghorn mounted together. Wall pedestal lower and pedestal upper mount. Hers doesn't even touch the wall, it is supported by the lower mount. My 2018 buck is the top back buck.
20201001_145946.jpg

20201001_143153.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom