Sheep mounts?

treedagain

Long Time Member
Looking for ideas for my desert sheep. Looking towards a 1/2 body but open to pretty much anything. My Utah desert is a full body so I want to maybe so something different

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Congrats on another ram treed!
I don't know what taxi you plan to use on this one, but most good sheep taxi's will have some ideas for you. Paul Pennie (High Country Horns Taxidermy) is who I use and he is awesome with sheep. Check out his website, and also look at Dawayne Dewey's website. He's up in Cody Wyoming, but specializes in sheep as well and has some great pictures of mounts he has done for ideas.

I personally like pedestal mounts or shoulder mounts with some habitat rather than half body, but that's me.

Good on you. I only know a handful of people who have two deserts to their credit!

Treed
I have my Utah sheep mounted life size standing up with habitat. Going to have my Nevada sheep mounted life size laying down without habitat. I've seen it done with Rocky?s before but not desert. Happy to send you a picture in a few months when it's done.

These are my 2 ideas,

50141201912022029221.jpg

71356201912022030401.jpg

.How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

I like them simple, I have two lifesize and they take up two much room in our house. My desert is in my shop covered with blankets. I will get a picture of it for you

I like them simple, I have two lifesize and they take up two much room in our house. My desert is in my shop covered with blankets. I will get a picture of it for you
Same boat but i have room for mine. Not another though. My 1/2 was built to fit a particular space.

I too think half mounts look weird. I have a shoulder mount and a pedestal The pedestal is the way to go. The one you posted above isn't bad but if I was to do it again, I wouldn't mount and just have the horns on a table.

I get much more out of picking up a giant set of horns than looking at a mount you can't touch.

These are my 2 ideas,

50141201912022029221.jpg

71356201912022030401.jpg

.How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait
i like the mount in the second picture. I tend to like pedestal mounts with habitat rather then the half body mounts. should save you a little cost as well. I decided long ago that if I ever kill a sheep it won't be a full or half mount, but that i'll do a really awesome pedestal mount with extra attention to the habitat and wood base used.

I'm all out of wall space in my current house and have big dreams of a trophy hall in my future house :LOL: so for the time being I'm partial to floor pedestals. I'm really happy with how my sheep turned out, and it takes about 10 minutes to move him around and test out different spots to put him in.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom