Sheep mounts

elkhunter21

Any idea what the mount type/name would be on this type of mount?
Upright with a slight turn?
I really like them and need to let my taxi know...

Thanks

Sheep Mount.JPG

If your taxidermist doesn't have several photo examples of various sheep mounts that he's personally done, you need a different taxidermist.
He should also have a few catalogs from companies he buys forms from. These will show the poses. And from there any good taxidermist can alter a form for the look you want. Look at as many mounts as you can to find the look you want and how it will look in your trophy room.

My guess it would be this form. The brisket squareness and area in the between leg and chest is pretty unique. It says semi sneek but is more like a semi upright.

PXL_20230517_182334863.jpg

This is a Desert. I had the taxidermist do a right turn full alert. Kind of puts his head up high. I believe I had him add a bit of a wedge of foam at an angle to the back left to extend it to the right a bit more.

IMG_20220808_090656_01.jpg

No. Built the form out then wrapped the cape. So the plywood sits flush with the wall. Just added a small wedge to the back between the original form and the plywood.

A good taxi can alter a form about any way you want, so pics are important. Mine always has me come in when he is setting the head so it is positioned exactly how I want it.
Those pictures look to have different head positions. The one on the right looks more upright with his nose up.

There are quite a few taxidermy catalogs available online. If you go to their website they often have photos of the form plus mounts on particular forms. As mentioned previously, a good taxidermist can alter to your particular tastes and needs.

You may ask your taxidermist if he'll allow you to take the form home and place it in the location prior to adding the skin to make sure everything is perfect.

In regard to sheep...they are super special critters and tags don't come easy. You generally get what you pay for with taxidermists. You may find it's worth every penny to pay a little extra $ for quality work, forms, eyes, tanning, etc.

My recommendation for sheep is either wall/table pedestal or life-sized! Every time you look at your sheep it's exciting to look at a fantastic mount and re-live the amazing memories!

Will someone please tell me I am mistaken, tell me that isn't a desert bighorn ram mounted with a neon nut sack? Is it?
You are not mistaken. It is a Desert Bighorn, but the neon part is from a hidden headlamp and added just for giggles. When I shot him I was surprised that his sack was grey and not light colored like most I've seen.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom