Sheep Outfitters

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
I’m doing some research and seems that the floor of Dall hunt costs in AK are now around 17,500. Just a couple years ago I could find no frills backpack hunts for 14k or so. Is $18k really the floor now for a Dall hunt?

18? Who’s offering hunts for 18, any decent outfitter is at least 22k now. A few are around 30k

I haven’t seen a decent dall hunt in the 14k range in 10 years.

My hunt was about 15 dollars in beer and fuel this year though ?

Just a quick search of a couple reputable outfitters:
DD681CF9-F4F0-4AE3-9866-B1CCD78C3C7D.jpeg
7924D41E-B5B8-436C-966D-0BFD2D941750.jpeg
460F018B-205E-4433-A131-6A3CC5A81D1D.jpeg

Dall sheep populations are down in AK. Do your research before you book. Rumors are harvest was the lowest it’s ever been this year.

I would go to Canada over AK. You come to AK there’s always a chance me or one of my buddies will shoot a ram out from under you.

The sad reality is sheep hunt costs have gone through the roof the last few years. Dall hunts used to be relatively reasonable, but not so much any more. And I agree with SS on Alaskan hunts. Numbers are down, success rates are declining, and hunting pressure is sky high.
If you want a hunt that your success is pretty much guaranteed, you need to look at the NWT. You will pay 30K or more up there, but you won't have to compete with SS and his buddies.
As with almost anything, you usually get what you pay for, so beware of any outfit that is cheap.

I am going on a sheep hunt in 2022 in Alaska and I booked it two years ago and I would go to say 18k is super cheap and like already previously mentioned most of the better end guides and outfitters are in that 22-25k range the price went up the last couple years partly due to Canada being closed to America. I have also heard the same about the sheep in Alaska but you also will never kill one if you don’t just go!

It's interesting that the cost of a moose hunt has surpassed a dall hunt. If I'm not mistaken, a moose hunt used to be quite a bit cheaper than a sheep hunt. Either way, the price of these hunts have gotten crazy.
I guess I'll just have to pursued the wife to move to Alaska so I can get another sheep hunting fix.

It's interesting that the cost of a moose hunt has surpassed a dall hunt. If I'm not mistaken, a moose hunt used to be quite a bit cheaper than a sheep hunt. Either way, the price of these hunts have gotten crazy.
I guess I'll just have to pursued the wife to move to Alaska so I can get another sheep hunting fix.
Yeah moose is crazy. A lot of diy moose hunts are over 10k ?

I just need a friend in Alaska so I can go visit every other year and hunt everything that I can as a nr. Then have them store and send me my meat and leave a gun at there place and what not.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom