Sheep Taxidermist

philthy

Hey everyone,

I went to the NM Taxidermy convention here in ABQ this morning in hopes I'd get to meet some of the folks there. After looking around, my girlfriend said I absolutely have to get a life size mount done to do a bighorn justice....wish she was paying for that lol! She's absolutely right, though.

I did get a chance to talk to Bill Bowen from Lasting Impressions here in town and he seems like someone I could work with....just need to visit his shop. I'm also planning to visit Imperial in Santa Fe and Mountain Legends in Belen.

Any thoughts on these three or is there anyone else I'm missing? My sheep hunt is in December, so I've got time to make a decision.

Thanks!

Phil

Imperial and never look back. It's where I took my bighorn ewe, elk, and oryx from last year and it's where I'll send every animal from my 2017 African Safari. Just FYI, the giant 193" ram from the rio grand was taken there last yr. I held the horns. Unreal!

Imperial Taxidermy hands down! I've attempted to pay in advance to get my handsome mug done by them when I'm no longer breathing but, they only do things of beauty!

I've heard great things about all the taxidermist you mentioned.Ive been using Mountain Legends for years and I'm always impressed with the quality of work and how clean and organized Carls shop is.

You cant go wrong with either of the three you listed. I have 2 animals at Lasting Impressions now and he does some amazing work. Every animal Bill does is show quality.

>Go with Imperial. Paul and Vince
>are as good as it
>gets.

+1. They did mine 2 yrs ago. Amazing job.

1513mount3.jpg

Dennis Otero at Majestic Monarchs in ABQ.

A true artist and the best of the best. Some of the other guys began by working for him.

Carl

LAST EDITED ON May-04-16 AT 03:30PM (MST)[p]Vince and Paul are both "Masters" by the national taxidermy assoc...Both these brothers along with their good friend and partner Ben are as a good as it gets.It's not a hobby or job for these guys , it's their passion and they seriously do art work that brings life to your trophy animals....Imperial Taxidermy in Santa Fe NM IMO are taylor made to handle a once in a lifetime trophy....

They handle every animal like a once in a lifetime trophy. I've yet to see one of their completed animals that I could find a single flaw on.

>LAST EDITED ON May-04-16
>AT 03:30?PM (MST)

>
>Vince and Paul are both "Masters"
>by the national taxidermy assoc...Both
>these brothers along with their
>good friend and partner Ben
>are as a good as
>it gets.It's not a hobby
>or job for these guys
>, it's their passion and
>they seriously do art work
>that brings life to your
>trophy animals....Imperial Taxidermy in Santa
>Fe NM IMO are taylor
>made to handle a once
>in a lifetime trophy....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom