Shepherd scopes

3TOE

Very Active Member
Just curious if anyone knows anything about this line of scopes? If so, if you have personal experience with them please let me know what your opinion of their product is. I’ve seen the brand pop up a few times before I went to their site to check them out. I like that it’s a US based company that manufactures here. I’ve read some reviews, but they are mostly writers that I’m sure get paid for the review.
Let me know what you think? Thanks!

I have an older one purchased second hand. Off the top of my head it's maybe a 1980 model. It was for my attempts at long range shooting. The sight in is a little counterintuitive. Read the instructions or go online. Overall, I think the glass quality is good and obviously it's tough being that old. I have not used a newer model. The dual reticles make me very conscious of a consistent sight alignment/technique. One shot kills on 2 whitetail does at 430 and 460 yards and an antelope buck just over 500. Younger and dumber then. No need to take pokes like that now.

I have an older one purchased second hand. Off the top of my head it's maybe a 1980 model. It was for my attempts at long range shooting. The sight in is a little counterintuitive. Read the instructions or go online. Overall, I think the glass quality is good and obviously it's tough being that old. I have not used a newer model. The dual reticles make me very conscious of a consistent sight alignment/technique. One shot kills on 2 whitetail does at 430 and 460 yards and an antelope buck just over 500. Younger and dumber then. No need to take pokes like that now.
Thanks for your response. I saw the dual reticle model on their site that you are talking about. I thought that concept was interesting. I ordered a standard model for a muzzleloader that I also just ordered. They refer to it as their “Rugged” line. I’m happy to hear that you were content with the glass, I’m guessing they have made improvements since the 80’s as well.
D728E638-0EA5-457E-9D68-2B20B0DC11A4.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom