She's 2 for 2 this season

ixsolracxi

Well, she's 2 for 2 this season!!! Took my daughter on her youth Oryx hunt on White Sands Missile Range this weekend and she was able to make a perfect one shot kill on this 25" bull early this afternoon. We found him on a hillside as we were hiking looking for a herd we had seen 15 minutes before. He was eating on the hilltop, i broke out the deer decoy, he never spooked and actually fed down toward us. We crawled to reduce the distance when he would feed and the closest we got to this bull was 32 yards!!! Archery distance!!! Unfortunately, we couldn't get a shot at him as we could only see the tips of his horns. After 10 minutes or so he bolted back up the hill and stopped at 65 yards and stood broadside. She was already in prone and had the cross-hairs on him. I knew she made a good shot, he left a really good blood trail and we found him just over the top of the hill. The pack out was about three-quarters of a mile in 88 degree heat. The 7mm-08 with 140 grain Nosler Accubonds gets the job done again.

40046alexoryxgun2.jpg

16345alexoryx3.jpg

67845oryxexitwound.jpg

Congrats to your daughter

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom