Shiras Moose Cape

MountainRat

I have a Shiras moose cape to get rid of. Located in northern Utah. Make me an offer. Not sure what it’s worth.

45415E12-F293-4755-9A51-09F11650A254.jpeg

BEDCBF83-901D-498E-8709-56F97C6F44C8.jpeg

...and nothing makes a better euro than a sheep...
This is 100% true. Picking up a real sheep euro, holding it, feeling the weight- it is even better than mount.

MtnRat- don't second guess your decision. Moose make the second best euro- but only when they are done right and preserve the nasal detail. Something about the skull shape and they way they hang looks really nice.
I euroed my moose, then got talked into doing a pedestal mount because it was a state record. The ped mount sits in a box in my barn. I look forward to converting it back to a euro one day....

This is 100% true. Picking up a real sheep euro, holding it, feeling the weight- it is even better than mount.

MtnRat- don't second guess your decision. Moose make the second best euro- but only when they are done right and preserve the nasal detail. Something about the skull shape and they way they hang looks really nice.
I euroed my moose, then got talked into doing a pedestal mount because it was a state record. The ped mount sits in a box in my barn. I look forward to converting it back to a euro one day....
Moose is the third best....pronghorn are number 2....lol

Holding and feeling the sheep and pronghorn are the only way to really appreciate the heft.....kinda goes for moose too....just harder to do

If it were mine I would probably mount it. But Levi has always wanted a European moose.
I did a euro with my UT bull from 2020 and my AK from 2012. Euro moose look awesome. P&Y asked me to send it for the convention in Reno in April to be panel scored, going to be much easier to build a crate and send over a shoulder mount. Congrats, love to see the archery kill.

Thanks for sharing. Will be waiting to see video!!!

I bagged a moose in Wyoming this year (my first and probably last) and I'm having it done European style. Planned on it that way from the go.

However after 7 trips and 16 days and nights with the wife hunting moose and having a blast it would have been a real task to cape mine where it fell with a snow storm approaching with just my wife. Had help lined up, but it was only 161 yard from moose to end of a road. Figured before I could calls sons and them travel 2 hours to help I could get it quartered and packed out by myself with wife help.

Capping that thing would have been a big core and took some time in that willow patch with just my wife and myself.

That euro will look awesome!!!

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom