Shockey's wife

Yes, Jim made an official post on FB explaining where they are with it. Our prayers go up, in support of them and the family.

Jim's post...

"It is with deep sadness that I write this.
Six weeks ago, Louise went to her doctor to have a dry cough checked out.
Two days later…the nightmare.
The doctor phoned and said she was coming to our home and that Louise should make sure I was there.
It is impossible to put words to our feelings…”overwhelming” isn’t even close.
We held hands and cried…for days.
When we found the strength, we called our children, Branlin and Eva.
My beautiful soulmate Louise and I have come to terms with our reality now, as much as we can, and feel it is time to share with all of you who have shared our family’s journey for the last 37 years.
Lung cancer. Aggressive. Late stage.
The doctors and nurses have been wonderful, but the news has not gotten better as the various tests have come back. Inoperable. Incurable. Already spread.
Louise is now in Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy starts this week. Radiation soon.
We are hoping for the best, a little more precious time to be together, to be with family, to be with friends.
Hoping for the best…and praying for a miracle.
All of you who know Louise, Nana Weezy, know that she is pure of soul, positive, kind and even with all this happening in her life, she is thinking of others. She is an inspiration to everyone who comes into her sphere of influence.
She wants all of you to know that she understands there is worse news, a child suffering, younger people, with a life ahead of them. She wants you all to know she is good with this. She is at peace.
This is part of our family journey. Ours has been a fairytale…and we have been blessed."

Thanks for sharing OWD. Makes me sad, she has always seemed like a very humble, classy lady. What a tragedy for the Shockey family. I hope her doctors are able to give her extra time without a great deal of pain. Would not wish this on anyone or any family.

Last edited:
That’s about as bad of news as anyone can get. Sorry that anyone has to go through something like this.
God must have a plan.
Prayers sent their way.
Zeke

From what I have seen and when I met her in Reno she was a very classy lady not quite the mountain girl type you would think she should be but she made it look real good.
Very sorry to hear this prayers are with you Jim and your family
God always has a plan even if we don't understand it at times like this.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom