Shooter the Movie

T

turdherder

I don't know if anybody is a fan of Stephen Hunter but this movie is based on the book Point Of Impact, which is probably my favorite book of all time. My only problem is they tried to make the movie more appealing so they used mark wahlberg to play Bob Lee Swagger. I'm still going to watch the movie, I hope it's even half as good as the book.

One of my most favorite novels of all time too. It was a attention grabbing page-turner for the whole book. I think Wahlberg has turned into a pretty decent actor regardless of his boy-band past. I can't wait to see it also. When does it open?

and then Blacklight ?? I don't remember the order. Bob Lee is a badass!!!Great books, I hope the movie isn't a disappointment.

JB

the movie opens in march I think it is the week of the 17th, they have a website with a trailer, it also has danny glover playing the colonel shreck character

well I guess I'll just read the book again. Danny Glover will never see a red cent from me.

JB

>well I guess I'll just read
>the book again. Danny Glover
>will never see a red
>cent from me.
>
>JB

Ditto on that!
I'd rather flush $10 down the toilet than give a penny to that LOSER!

How is Whalberg going to play an ex-Vietnam vet marine in his fifties? Fantastic book though. The ballistics info and distriptions of tactics were pretty darn good. I hope they stay true to the book.

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-07 AT 12:49PM (MST)[p]Looks prety cool, though they changed alot of the story points. (from the trailer I watched) Did not Swagger shoot a M70 in .308? Looks like they made it a more modern high tech type of movie. Oh well, still looks interesting.

It will be cool to see how they portray the opening scenes of the book, when he is hunting.

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

I read the book when I was a kid, it's the reason I buy Model 70's, They really did butcher the story line. I still think Bob the Nailer rocks, even if it is Mark Wahlberg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom