Shoulder Wall Mount or Pedestal

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I need to get my Wyoming buck from this year done, just can't decide on whether to do the wall mount or a pedestal. The price difference is probably $800 or so I'd guess. What would you guys do?
Decisions, decisions.......:)

$800 difference between the 2? That seems steep. I just paid $750 for a wall pedestal mount for my 2020 buck. I have a hard time understanding why you’d be twice that for a pedestal mount

I think wall pedestals look the cleanest. This is the form I chose for my 2020.

DE83E32D-701E-4D9D-B402-E1A8A4718629.jpeg

8CF3D2A9-35BF-44A1-B0F3-B8464021F733.jpeg

$800 difference between the 2? That seems steep. I just paid $750 for a wall pedestal mount for my 2020 buck. I have a hard time understanding why you’d be twice that for a pedestal mount
I don't know for sure what the difference would be, I guess it would depend on the pedestal and whether I do habitat or just hang it on a log. I doubt I'll do the log thing. I have some on logs already.

If your out of walls then pedestal mount make sense other wise not a fan but hey not my problem and congrats.

If putting it on the wall a wall pedestal will definitely look nice with added shoulder depth they have. I love those big shoulders mature muley have. Congrats again on a great buck.

Make it a full pedestal mount and hang it on the wall with a simple metal bracket. Then you can have it on the wall and not taking up floor space. With a metal tube on a round rod, you can turn it to give you various looks. Best of both worlds.

That buck would look great with rocks and habitat pedistle it's A little more pricey but that buck is worth it imo

If I remember your story right you took this buck in the high country so I'm sure rocks and pine tree would be very appropriate and keep your memories of the hunt fresh in your mind believe me as years go by even great memories fade

Hunna-Wanna wow what a gorgeous buck and mount! A lot of guys would give their left ?X! for something to hang proudly like that!

My thoughts are that it really depends on the house, available space, and how it fits in relationship to viewing. It's nice being able to walk right up to a floor pedestal and view animals at point blank range and different angles. It's also nice adding rock, logs, etc to bring life into mounts. I've seen floor pedestal mounts that are hooked up to electricity and rotate when turned on. One of the most unique muley mounts I've ever seen had a sculpture (from a photo) of the father and son right after the harvest on the back side of the floor pedestal. There certainly are a lot of options!

On the other hand, a tall wide buck certainly looks awesome by itself on a wall or complimenting a collection of other bucks or critters you may already have.

It probably comes down to what space you have and where you'll get the best satisfaction and enjoyment out of viewing it! Congrats on your monster muley buck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom