Sick Nevada Bighorns

When it hit in the snake river a few years ago they went in and were able to save some of the bighorns.Is there an effort to capture and attempt to recoup the sick bighorns, or is it a lost cause. JB

Yeah, they have been spending a TON of time in there monitoring them and doctoring as they can.

The Bighorn sheep that are in the Snake River Canyon today were planted there over 100 years after the sheep ranchers started running sheep in the area. The bighorns that were indigenous to the area had already become extinct. Now, kinda like the wolves, the state and the huggers are trying to run off the sheepherders, so the California Bighorns can expand!
One of the fallacies is that the domestic sheep and the wild sheep are normally miles apart, due to terrain, but the domestic sheep are always blamed for passing off bugs that kill the bighorns!

Let's kill off a few more sheep ranchers and see how much more of our hunting land will disappear.

Nick,
I know, I grew up on ranch we ran 1000 head sheep and couple huntred head of cattle. My point was the fact that I think it was University of Idaho got involved proactively with fish and wildlife to work on the sick bighorns. JB

The fact is in Nevada we had around 100,000 head of wild sheep before domestic sheep came in. That is fact and my family ranched then and I'm Basque. Not saying there shouldn't be any out there but domestic sure the hell killed hundreds of thousands of wild sheep in the US.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom