Sierra GameChanger

grosventrehunter

Very Active Member
Does anyone shoot these? If so what kind of results are you seeing on paper and while hunting. I came across a few boxes (.284) and plan on trying them out.

Tony, I have heard the same about the jackets. I've read people are getting really good results on paper, but there isn't a lot of information on how they perform on animals/game.

Last edited:
I’ve shot them out of one of my 6.5 man-bun-guns and they’re very accurate but I’ve never used them on game so I’m not any help.
I’d bet they work just fine based on the fact that Sierra has a pretty decent R&D department.....but that’s just a guess.
Zeke

I’ve shot them out of one of my 6.5 man-bun-guns and they’re very accurate but I’ve never used them on game so I’m not any help.
I’d bet they work just fine based on the fact that Sierra has a pretty decent R&D department.....but that’s just a guess.
Zeke
Thanks Zeke....

I think Chesterwyo is confusing the new Sierra game changer with the older sierra game king bullets. Game king was just a little tougher then Rem. Core lokts and a great deer-antelope bullet, but a little fragile for using on larger game like elk.
If Sierra has put on a thicker jacket for controlled expansion the game changer may be a good bullet to use.
The one thing I can say about Sierra bullets is that over the years of testing many rifles, I got my best accuracy the majority of the time with Sierra bullets. That includes calibers from 22-250 to 300 mag and about 5 calibers in between those two.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom