Sierra Madre Logging Unit 80

HuntnProf

Hi folks. Taking wife/daughter to Saratoga area (will be daughters 1st deer hunt—she’s gotten antelope so far), and just read about the logging occurring in the NF....seems pretty extensive.

It was going on last year too I now realize, wondering if anyone had any experience with the effect it had on deer. I’ve hunted the area a few times, so familiar...just worried about activity disrupting things.

I’ll be calling Biologist/warden/NF to get more info after this 3-day weekend.

I’ve hunted around areas being logged before, but the map provided by NF shows a pretty large active area.

Thanks for any help!

-Gary

Call the Saratoga NF office to talk with them. If it is just the hazard tree removal they will be only along the roads. Roads will be closed during the day and open again at night or after 5 pm, open on weekdays. You will not be able to camp along the roads they are logging.
Most of it did not take place last year, they had pretty good push back on the road closures during hunting seasons. Archery hunting may be impacted as they may not allow vehicle access during the week at all in some areas.
Ask about archery season specifically when you call the FS.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom