Sierra Madre Outfitters

LivingTheDream

Has anyone ever hunted with them? Or know anyone that has hunted with them? Just trying to get some reviews.

Still trying to get specifics on where they hunt and if it is truly free range, just know they have 90000 acres.

Feel free to PM if that is better, I really appreciate the help and info.

Homer

Long Time Member
yes...they have 90000 acres and none of it has been hunted in 3 years.........

264mag

Long Time Member
>yes...they have 90000 acres and none
>of it has been hunted
>in 3 years.........
>
>
>

Ain?t that the truth 😁

Fairchasesheep

I hunted with them for Desert Sheep in 2018 and was successful. They did an outstanding job. Very friendly and helpful. They are hungry to proved themselves. I hope to go back there again in 2021.
A lot better than the Dallas Safari Club Outfitter of the Year who ripped me off $40K hunting Baja desert sheep in 2011!!

Paco

Bid a trip January 2019 on Online Hunting Auctions for January 2020 Hunt. Several weeks before my flight, I emailed Homer Canedo , the person I had previously communicated with questions about rifle rental, etc. I asked if the camp furnished any laundry service and he told me the hunt was a tent camp, that I should bring a sleeping bag. I explained that his website had photos of their "accommodations" , rooms with beds with and the same website Indicated...."We have clean and nice housing solutions for all of our hunts!" Homer response was that he could rent a room in a small village , about 2 hour drive from the camp. I choose not to go, Sierra refused any refund, but my hunting partner went. The hunt was on the Seri Indian reservation, tent camp, 8 days with no shower, washing his hands and face with bottled water. He saw 10 mule deer in 8 days, the hunt was a combo Mule and Coues, he never saw a Coues, there was no game waters to sit for Coues. We paid $6250.00 each, the other three hunters in camp had each paid different amounts for the Mule deer hunt , none of them shot a buck. The auction we bid described this hunt as a "donation" by Sierra Madre. On 2/25 /2020 Online Hunting Auctions listed over 30 hunts that were "donated "by Sierra Madre Outfitters. Donated to themselves! Hard to believe that this Company can lie and fail to provide what they claim to offer and still stay in business.

KLUNKER

Anyone been else been hunting with sierra madre outfitters? There is little to no information on the outfitter. Looks like they pirated some pictures for his facebook, instagram and webiste. That is concerning...
Just want high success rate on my hunting dollars. Any information is helpful. Thank you

acsartin

i am hunting with them in jan of 2021 and i called and spoke with a person who hunted with them on 2020 and he had a great hunt. this person works for kuiu and has hunted alot. we spoke at length and i am excited, in fact i have 2 buddies going with me one is hunting sheep like me and the other a mule deer. in doing my due diligence, i think sierra madre is relatively new in this market and is trying to build up a reputation. i hope all goes well with us and i will post after the hunt

KLUNKER

That is good news. I have the same feeling that they are just new to the market. do you know if the gentleman from kuiu killed a deer?Also just to make sure. Is it sierra madre outfitters or sierra madre hunting?Thanks so much for the reply

acsartin

That is good news. I have the same feeling that they are just new to the market. do you know if the gentleman from kuiu killed a deer?Also just to make sure. Is it sierra madre outfitters or sierra madre hunting?Thanks so much for the reply
He actually was sheep hunting and yes got a very nice desert. There are mule deer there as he saw some but 200 in are rare. I think it is reasonable to expect a 160-180 from talking to him. Hope this helps

acsartin

He actually was sheep hunting and yes got a very nice desert. There are mule deer there as he saw some but 200 in are rare. I think it is reasonable to expect a 160-180 from talking to him. Hope this helps
Oh and it is outfitters

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Mexico Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy Sonoran mule deer and coues deer on over 400,000 acres of private ground.

Ward's Outfitters

We will share with you over 45 years of expertise in archery and rifle hunting experience in AZ and Mexico.

Derick Lopez Outfitters

Tiburon Island guided hunts for Desert Bighorn and Sheldoni Mule Deer subspecies. Main land hunts for Desert Mule Deer, Coues and Desert Bighorn.

Top Bottom