Sierra Pacific lands

mod700

Just a heads up, if you hadn't heard S.P has closed their lands to any use till we get some rain, heard Collins pine followed suit to. Might impact your bow hunting, as well as early season hunting plans.
Mike

I heard this a few days ago..I go for my morning walk on SP lands behind my house..went yesterday, going this am. Nothing posted, how are they enforcing it?...BH1

SPI isn't the only timberlands company closing access. Roseburg has done the same here in Northern Kali. RMEF posted the closures on their FB page. As far as how they're going to enforce the closures....not sure I'd want to risk a trespassing citation (especially while hunting). They have done a pretty good job of making the public aware of the closures.

No public awareness here in Plumas county? Checked thier web page...nothing that I could see? Heard frm a few unofficial folks...They can close properties as they see fit, I understand, but with A1 archery opening in about 12 hrs, and bear, they may want to get the word out officially? Thousands of SP roads up here, many leading to NF. Hope they get the word out quickly... BH1

>No public awareness here in Plumas
>county? Checked thier web page...nothing
>that I could see? Heard
>frm a few unofficial folks...They
>can close properties as they
>see fit, I understand, but
>with A1 archery opening in
>about 12 hrs, and bear,
>they may want to get
>the word out officially? Thousands
>of SP roads up here,
>many leading to NF. Hope
>they get the word out
>quickly... BH1

http://www.spi-ind.com/spi_news_doc...ndustries Forestland in California Closed.pdf

Well, it seems a whole lotta folks didnt get the memo..Dudes all over SP lands here in Plumas co..Guess most people look for closed signs on the property they choose to hunt.Heard of no patrols?I dont think most people do a Internet search a few hrs before they walk to thier treestands.. BH1

SP and other timber companies can do what they want with their lands but it is NOT the public's responsibility to check the internet for arbitrary postings regarding its sudden closure. They're responsible for posting it just like everybody else who owns private land. A post on Facebook is about as legit as just about everything else posted on Facebook. The mere fact that some consider that a valid memo is a joke in and of itself.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom