Sight adjustment

bragabit

I am hoping one of you archery experts can help me out. With my setup the sight housing is as low as it will go. My 25yd pin is almost directly in the middle while sighted in. So it bunches all of my pins in the bottom of the housing. My question is what adjustments can be made to the rest, string loop, or peep to center my pins better.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-12 AT 06:05PM (MST)[p]If you raise your peep you will also need to raise your pins to hit the same spot. As long as you can still anchor comfortably that is what I would do first. Messing with your nocking point or rest will affect the tuning of your bow so unless that was set up wrong I wouldn't touch that.

Messing with your nicking point or your peep is the last thing I would do. The distance from your nocking point/loop should not change, unless you had it in the wrong spot to begin with. Changing your peep height will probably change your anchor point and could really mess things up. Draw your bow, close your eyes, anchor, then check to make sure you can see through your peep, if you can't, adjust it until you can but keep your anchor point constant. Once set, leaver it there. You could check and see if your arrow is lined up close to where the berger holes are in your riser. If your bow is in tune and your arrow is aligned with the berger hole then don't adjust your rest, loop/nock. If the arrow is above or below the berger hole, adjust your rest, nock/loop so the arrow is level passing through the center of the berger hole then re-tune. If you change your nock/loop, make sure to adjust your peep to keep the same distance between your nock and peep. A lot of sighs have an adjustable head. Unbolt and move the head to change where your pins are in the head. This would be the first place I would start. What kind of sight do you have?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom