Sightseeing around Blanding

ridgetops

Very Active Member
In a few weeks, my wife and I are going to spend a couple days around Blanding.
What are some cool things to look at while we're down there. I'll be driving mt truck and it has good tires. So I should be able to go on most dirt roads.
I've had people tell me I should take the La sal loop road on our way down there.
Also, we'll check out the river house and cedar mesa ruins and then Natural Bridges NP.
What else is a must see attraction in that area?

If it's Good & Muddy there's a Short Cut Road From Davis Pocket that'll take you Right Past the South End of Horse Mountain & Hit the Main Road By the Corrals!

Good Place To Try Them New Tires Out!

Great area. I had my bear tag down there in 2018 and hunted up by elk ridge a bit as well as on the north end of town between Blanding and Monticello. My brother lives down there in Blanding and also does some canyoneering guiding as well nit sure what area he's guiding at anymore due to permits but you can find him on instagram as Northwashoutdoors if your interested in going that route. ?

Drive the Moki Dugway since you are in the hood ;) .

Valley of the Gods used to be off the beaten path, not so much anymore. Probably a pretty good place to camp if you are campering it. If not, its just a few minutes from Mexican Hat. Have a Navajo Taco at Mexican Hat while you are there.

If you are a golfer, play the Hideout in Monticello. Fun course.

And of course, visit the zoo that is Moab.

I’m about 35 miles from Blanding as the crow flies.

Last edited:
I Agree with blue!

Valley of the Gods!

When You get to the Edge You'll Be Thinking this is the end of the Road!

No it's Not!:D

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom