Simmons Blazer Scope

A

Azhunter22

I just bought a Simmons Blazer scope for my rifle about 3 weeks ago,and after shooting my rifle about 6 times the recticle tilted. Do you think that would be a defect that would happen with all of those scopes or maybe I just got a bad one by chance. There is no way of taking it apart to tighten the recticle up, so what Iplan doing is taking it in and exchanging it should i do that or Just upgrade to a better scope, i dont have hundreds of dollars to spend on a scope that is why i went the cheap way on it, any advice would help.-Justin

I understand money is an issue, it always is for me as well!

Simmons scopes are not that great... You may have just got one that failed in the frist three weeks, instead of four years down the road. What if you would have been on a hunt and it happened? Take it back, and get a Leupld... More than likly you will be reaplacing that replaced scope in the futer with a more expensive better model... Why spend more money on two scopes than you would on just one GOOD one? Why not make it a one time purchas instead of two and a trip for a retuned JUNK scope?

Cheap scopes are a waste of money... You can get a low end Leupold for about $169 on the net or less, and used ones for around $150 on ebay. I don't know how much the Blazer was but I bet you could just spend a little more money and have a real lifetime warranty, and a piece of mind, not to mention one of the best scopes made. You're already spending a lot of money whats a little more.

Good luck
Ivan

Take bambi's advice. Get on ebay, auctionarms.com or gunbroker.com and buy a used leupold for $150 and be happy. The leupold warranty doesn't care where or when you got it. Throw that simmons away or sell it to Cass's uncle.

JB

I, too, have never been a fan of Simmons. I've never owned one myself, but I know a number of people who have and most have had problems with them. However, two years ago, I bought a new rifle for my son: a Winchester Model 70 Custom Compact in 7mm-08- not a cheap rifle. I told the guy who owns a local sporting goods store that I wanted to get a decent scope for the rifle, but that I didn't want to spend another $300-$400 for it. He strongly recommended a new scope, the Simmons Whitetail Expedition, and said that he had put one on one of his rifles and loved it. He ordered a 1.5-6x in for me on approval. When it came in, I put it on a blank stock with rubber mounts and took it outside. I was so impressed with it that I bought it. (The scopes on all my own rifles are Leupold Vari-X IIIs.) It has ALT (aspherical lens technology), so it's exceptionally crisp and clear from edge to edge and has dependable adjustments and repeatable accuracy; we've had no problems with it whatsoever. Best of all, I got a great deal on it - $139 (it retails for about $200). They also make a 3-9x, 4-12x, and a 6-18x in the Whitetail Expedition series, and they're considerably less than other scopes of comparable quality. (Can't believe I'm endorsing a Simmons scope, but if you're looking for value, I don't think you'll be disappointed.)

I had a simmons scope on my 270. win. Two weeks prior to my antelope hunt, the objective lens literally fell out. Whatever you do, don't buy a simmons.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom