SISKIYOU BULL ELK HUNT

YukonDall

Long Time Member
ANY OF YOU FELLAS TAKE PART IN THE SISKIYOU BULL ELK HUNT THIS YEAR ?? OR KNOW ANYONE WHO GOT DRAWN. I BELIEVE I HAVE THE POINTS TO DRAW NEXT YEAR, AND WOULD LIKE TO CHAT WITH ANY ONE WHO DREW THE TAG. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME...........................YD.

YD, A friend and his daughter drew tags this year. She was able to take a decent 275"ish 6 point and he ended up having plenty of opportunities at small bulls but chose to eat the tag holding out for a big 7x7 that they saw preseason.------SS

THANKS SPARKS, I REMEMBER YOU WENT ON THIS HUNT 3-4 YEARS AGO. WHEN I DRAW I WOULD LIKE TO CHAT WITH YOU FOR SOME INFO. I HAVE MAX POINTS AND MIGHT GET DRAWN. THANKS FOR YOUR POST, I WILL BE IN TOUCH...............YD.

I know of a few taken. One pretty good one don’t think he got him scored…. And two small rag horns. My dad has a friends dad get drawn I’m not sure what happened with him I can find out. I know he had a opportunity at a pretty good 6 point the second day but 200 yards was little to far for him to shoot in the situation.

I was up there with my dad for a cow tag..moon was super-bright and hot and dry for the most part. Lots of sign but no hair spotted for us. Rumor had it the elk were in the ag fields in the moonlight and hauled ass once they fed off the edge into public. Think we spoke with the father/daughter group a time or two. Fun being out there.

THANKS GUYS !!! ANY INFO IS GOOD INFO..............I JUST LIKE GETTING A FEEL FOR CONDITIONS, ELK SEEN, HERD MOVEMENTS, WEATHER TEMPS IN SEPTEMBER ETC. SOLO HUNTER HERE, JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I'M GETTING INTO. IS PRIVATE PROPERTY TRESPRESS THE WAY TO GO.....OR NOT REALLY NEEDED ???? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME........................YD.

THANKS GUYS !!! ANY INFO IS GOOD INFO..............I JUST LIKE GETTING A FEEL FOR CONDITIONS, ELK SEEN, HERD MOVEMENTS, WEATHER TEMPS IN SEPTEMBER ETC. SOLO HUNTER HERE, JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I'M GETTING INTO. IS PRIVATE PROPERTY TRESPRESS THE WAY TO GO.....OR NOT REALLY NEEDED ???? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME........................YD.
Gaining permissions from some of the landowners wouldn’t be a bad idea. Most of that will be the ag fields(some not of course) if you don’t mind shooting one that way.
I think I have a number or two you can call if you draw the tag next year.

It was hot and dry little water this year.
The last two days of the season conditions got a little cooler.

I’ll keep an eye out won’t have many cameras up in the country like I did this year because I won’t get that deer tag next year but I’ll see what I can find….

THANKS TYLER, I WILL GET IN TOUCH WHEN I DRAW THE TAG. SS RIDER I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR 5X5.....CONGRATS ON YOUR BULL. FELLAS........HOW HOT DOES IT GET DURING MID DAY, AND HOW COOL DOES IT DROP TO IN THE EVENING ??? I DONT WANT TO LOSE ANY MEAT IF I GET LUCKY. ALSO WHICH SIDE OF HW 97 SCHOULD I FOCUS ON ??? FROM WHAT I GATHER THE WEST SIDE IS BETTER. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.................YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom