SISKIYOU Bull

ryno_19

Hi everyone, my father drew Siskiyou Bull again. He drew last year but fell while we were out scouting 3 days prior to the season and suffered a head injury. We spent 3 days in the hospital and were able to turn his tag back and get his points back. Now he drew it again, know where we are going and how to hunt it and the damn fs closes. The season starts a few days after the closure order expires...which will likely be extended.

Last year there was the same closure so my question is I know guys hunted fs lands last year during that season, do you know if the fs was out enforcing? He's 74 so at this point he's not turning it back and we will make it work but curious if anyone had any experience with it last year.
Thanks

Bummer, I know another old boy who had the Marble mtn. Tag last year and turned it back in and drew this year and is turning it back in this year. He will draw it next year. But will the forest be open....?

I drew the Marble tag this year as an alternate and may have to turn it back in based on closures. I have one under max points and probably won't get it next year but I'm a bit younger and have more time to wait (hopefully).

As to your specific question IDK? It's a tough call and I KNOW of people who hunted deer last year and even this past weekend on closed land and never had a second thought or concern....I would certainly be caught...haha.

A forest service employee will just inform you it's closed and ask you to leave unless they are law enforcement. A game warden will probably throw the book at yiu.

Hi everyone, my father drew Siskiyou Bull again. He drew last year but fell while we were out scouting 3 days prior to the season and suffered a head injury. We spent 3 days in the hospital and were able to turn his tag back and get his points back. Now he drew it again, know where we are going and how to hunt it and the damn fs closes. The season starts a few days after the closure order expires...which will likely be extended.

Last year there was the same closure so my question is I know guys hunted fs lands last year during that season, do you know if the fs was out enforcing? He's 74 so at this point he's not turning it back and we will make it work but curious if anyone had any experience with it last year.
Thanks
I know guy who did Marbles and were already in there before closure. They hunted and were out, it was not closed when they went. Some additional secondhand info was that a couple of other hunters took some sh*t from FS folks when they came out.

However, if you were in there beforehand and had no knowledge of the closure, especially with lack of cell coverage packed while in a wilderness area, I'd hunt and they should not harass you otherwise.

Tough call, but if CDFW does like last year, if elk, antelope and sheep seasons are affected, they MAY ask legislature for refund and restoration of points to those who were unable to hunt. For deer tag holder--forget it.

They said they are going to issue refunds for elk, goats etc .. but not deer! It was in a e mail notification I got

Jester

Screenshot_20210825-002902_Chrome.jpg

I know guy who did Marbles and were already in there before closure. They hunted and were out, it was not closed when they went. Some additional secondhand info was that a couple of other hunters took some sh*t from FS folks when they came out.

However, if you were in there beforehand and had no knowledge of the closure, especially with lack of cell coverage packed while in a wilderness area, I'd hunt and they should not harass you otherwise.

Tough call, but if CDFW does like last year, if elk, antelope and sheep seasons are affected, they MAY ask legislature for refund and restoration of points to those who were unable to hunt. For deer tag holder--forget it.
Yesterday I received a letter from CDFW with receipts showing my pronghorn tag fee being refunded and then a debit of $31.93 for a BG tag return processing fee. Now need my points back plus 1 for 2021!!

Today I received an email that states:

Your preference point appeal for pronghorn antelope has been approved. Your preference points have been restored and you earned one preference point for 2021. You may view your current preference point total by signing into the Online License Sales and Service, using your name, date of birth, and GO ID as it appears on your hunting license. After you log in, click on “View My Drawing Application/Preference Points” from the top right side of the page.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom