Sitka Summit vs Traverse

Nobody???? I've never seen the Summit but apparently it's a mid/heavywight core layer as is the Traverse. Haven't been able to find any more spec info on it. Was hoping Wade or somebody could provide the differences between the two.

My honest opinion. The sh*t stinks. Because it is a synthetic and positively charged once you sweat and it dries it attracts every bacteria in the world and reaks real quick. Thats why they have to put silver in it to hopefully kill some of the bacteria and the smell. Go with merino wool for a base layer, you'll never look back.

The summit shirt was the 2007 version of the core shirt (base layer). The traverse shirt is the replacement piece for the original Mountain shirt and is more of a mid-weight insulation piece.

3blade - I wore the same Sitka core shirt in 80+ temps in Arizona last fall for 5 days straight and never once caught a wiff of it. I changed into my second shirt for day 6 and wore it the next 3 days. I have never had an issue at all with odor on any of the gear, nor has anyone that I have ever talked to who has worn it...

If we're talking about odor, wool would be my last choice...

Corey

Corey, I must be a smelly guy or sweat heavy then, course it was in the 90's and you do sweat in that kind of heat. I never had that problem with microtex, wool or even cotton, you'd sweat but it never smelled that bad. I had all the 2007 gear myself, sold it because of it. I do like the gear just not the base layers because of the stink. Took a long time to dry in camp too after I washed it in the creek, maybe the new polartec power dry stuff is better? I do like the new ascent pants thats for sure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom