skull pic.

A

antlerquest

wes41703.jpg

here is a pic of the small 5x6 skull i found the other day.
AQ.

Did you pack it out? The few skulls I've found were old enough to not have the hide and flesh attached. Carrying that stinky head a few miles would be an adventure.

good find!

I am sure Antlerquest packed it out. if he is half the scavenger i am he did! In a case like that I just wrap a plastic garbage bag over the skull and throw it over my shoulders. the bag keeps the brain goo from running down the back of my neck!

berto

oh yes i packed it out. it smelled a bit but not to bad. but when i got back to the truck i got a little nevous about hauling that head back to my house in broad daylight. i live in utah and it is illegal to take skulls with horns home with you. so i stashed it in a safe place untill i go get it. i feel like such a criminal........OH well. AQ

AQ,

lucky for me my state doesn't have that silly rule for deer and elk skulls. if it did i'd do the same thing as you; bring it home. you're no criminal.

i think the idea behind the UT law is to discourage poachers from shooting trophies, stashing them and coming back for them later. i'm sure it happens with or without the law. if someone's going to do something like that, they'll do it regardless of what the rules say, so the law is pointless.

berto

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom