Skunked on Bucks this year!

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
Had a chance during early bow season. Had a couple of good opportunities in Iowa. And kept getting good bucks on my trail cams in November and December. But I wasn't able to put any antlers on the ground.

Although we like the successful hunts, it's not all about the kill. Spending time in the woods, spending time with friends, and dreaming of what is coming down the trail any minute now!

Attached are a couple pics from my last day in the tree. Sunrise from the Mudhole Stand. And Sunset from the Counterweight Stand. The MH stand should be self-explanatory. The CW stand is near two old counterweights left over from coal mining days.

Oh, wife asked me why I hunted more this year than previous. I said "because I had a tag!"

CF - Sunrise from The Mudhole.jpg

CF - Sunset from The Counterweight Stand.jpg

Beautiful country, trail cam pics can be frustrating at times. They show you the deer are there, but you never see them. ?
You put your time in this year, shared some good stories and some good pictures. I'll be looking forward to what you put on the ground next year, and remember, they'll be a little bigger next year. ?

Cool Joe. No late seasons in Jan? Man, that’s cruel Like the stand names. We do that here to
Season closes Sunday, but I'm done. Cleaning up my deer gear and starting to think about two seasons. First, season starts in a couple weeks and runs thru ~June - Tag Application Season - AZ and SD to name a few!! And there is turkey season thrown in there. Can't wait!!

Other stands include Sleepy Stump and Tombstone. One of my favorites is Joe's Place. After bushwhacking and climbing to it once, my buddies said, "You can have all the deer up here!"

Cool names. Some of ours. Snowy River, left field line, rusty barrel, the pentagon, the exit, the return, hot corner, docs lane. And many more. Think we had 28 stands this year

There’s just something about being in the woods that somehow levels people out ! Well most of us anyway ! Some people understand what I mean , some don’t ! I hunted mule deer both rifle and muzzleloader season this year with out filling a tag so your not alone ! Horns will come and horns will go but the experience stays with ya forever !

I am happy to have 4 points and able to draw another Iowa archery tag, but my four years away resulted in finding some great unpressured public in Illinois since. And with an IL LL it’s a hell of a lot cheaper! So can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m going to pass on Iowa and ride this IL spot until it gets discovered & ruined by NR’s & crossguns.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom