Skylar Brenden

mightyhunter

Very Active Member
In 2017 I met a young man through Monster Muleys. He had a sheep tag for 2 and I had one for 1. He was hunting DIY and so was I. He helped me with getting the right supplements to aid me in my pursuit. I showed him around in 2 and gave him scouting tips and locations on both the Sunlight and North Fork of the Shoshone. We talked on the phone weekly during our hunts. He was looking for a good ram. He encouraged me to keep on and gave me a tip on how to treat my sciatica. It really helped. He hunted almost the entire season without getting a ram. He had numerous grizzly encounters and even had a bear tear up his Hilleberg tent.

After the season was over, he called me to discuss hunting, life and sports. He was a chiropractor in Rock Springs. A very good friendship developed between us and we spent hours on the telephone. Our age difference was huge. I loved our telephone calls. It was like talking to one of my sons. We were going to get together for an antelope or deer hunt together. Last year, he suffered a devastating knee injury that had him lose a lot. He was struggling to simply walk after surgery. We put off our hunt plans because of this.

My only sibling died in April of this year after a horrible fight with pancreatic cancer. Skylar was the first to offer his condolences. I spoke to him for over an hour just weeks ago. He told me he was struggling with his knee. He also told me he was missing his Dad who had passed away a few years earlier. He told me how his Dad taught him all he knew about the outdoors. I asked if there was anything I could do to help him.

I found out today that this young man had just passed away. I was just sick to hear this. I do not know what happened and don’t need to know. All I know is I will miss our conversations. He was a good man. Just sayin…Mh

Sorry hear this Mightyhunter. Seems like I had a discussion with him on here. The name sounds familiar.

There are some good dudes on here and I have created some friendships on here and I’m sorry to hear about yours. That’s tragic I imagine he couldn’t have been to terrible old. Hunt as often and as soon as you can because life is short so do what you love as often as you can.

So sorry for the loss of your friend Skylar. Thoughts and prayers to you and his family…

Horniac

In 2017 I met a young man through Monster Muleys. He had a sheep tag for 2 and I had one for 1. He was hunting DIY and so was I. He helped me with getting the right supplements to aid me in my pursuit. I showed him around in 2 and gave him scouting tips and locations on both the Sunlight and North Fork of the Shoshone. We talked on the phone weekly during our hunts. He was looking for a good ram. He encouraged me to keep on and gave me a tip on how to treat my sciatica. It really helped. He hunted almost the entire season without getting a ram. He had numerous grizzly encounters and even had a bear tear up his Hilleberg tent.

After the season was over, he called me to discuss hunting, life and sports. He was a chiropractor in Rock Springs. A very good friendship developed between us and we spent hours on the telephone. Our age difference was huge. I loved our telephone calls. It was like talking to one of my sons. We were going to get together for an antelope or deer hunt together. Last year, he suffered a devastating knee injury that had him lose a lot. He was struggling to simply walk after surgery. We put off our hunt plans because of this.

My only sibling died in April of this year after a horrible fight with pancreatic cancer. Skylar was the first to offer his condolences. I spoke to him for over an hour just weeks ago. He told me he was struggling with his knee. He also told me he was missing his Dad who had passed away a few years earlier. He told me how his Dad taught him all he knew about the outdoors. I asked if there was anything I could do to help him.

I found out today that this young man had just passed away. I was just sick to hear this. I do not know what happened and don’t need to know. All I know is I will miss our conversations. He was a good man. Just sayin…Mh
MH, sounds like you were a great friend to him. Sorry for your loss.

Oh man… that absolutely just breaks my heart. I drew an antelope tag near Rock Springs in 2019 and he had a Utah elk tag that same year. He helped me greatly with my antelope tag, and I showed him around his elk unit. He dropped everything one day, and got me out of a real bind when I got my truck stuck out on the desert just north of rock springs. He really saved my butt. He was just an amazing guy. We’ve stayed in touch since, and I’m going to miss chatting with him about hunting the deserts. Rest in peace Skylar, you’ll be missed.

That isn’t good:cry:
So sorry for the loss of your friend, MH.
That’s a tough one for sure.
Zeke

My wife knew Skylar while growing up. She went to the service today. She said that his sister read MH’s post from this thread at the service. His sister said those words meant a great deal to her. Thought you may want to know that in case you weren’t able to make it down today.

So sorry for the lose of your friend, MH.

MH, I’m sorry for your loss. Happy for the time you were able to spend with Skylar and for your friendship with him. Your influence was clearly felt by his family and by the rest of us…

Rimrock

Hi this is Misty, Skylar’s sister, not that it’s anybody’s business but we actually don’t know what caused his death, for we don’t have the autopsy report back. But let me make one thing clear, he didn’t commit suicide if that is what you were thinking.
Very sorry for your loss, no matter how it happened.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom