SLC or EL

HornyMan

I'm almost ready to buy a new pair of glasses. Can't decide on which one of the two. Please advise if you have had experience with either of the two. The EL's seem to be more clear while the SLC are brighter. Can't decide.

I had both side by side out in the field and the EL's were just a slight bit brighter and the stated 3.5 ounces lighter. I personally have the SLC's. If I had the money I probably would have bought the EL's because of the weight but optically they are only slightly different.

Spend the extra on the EL's they don't charge you for less weight it is for better glass.

I looked at both this summer, and liked the feel of the SLC's better. My eyes could not tell the difference between the two.

You can't make a bad choice with either; like splitting hairs:)

Ed

I still can't decide. The EL's seem to be more clear, but the SLC seem to be brighter. My wife likes the EL's more.

Would you rather your glass be a litte brighter or a little clearer?

SLC are brighter for me but the EL's are clearer. My wife likes the El's better.

What would rather have, clarity or brightness?

Seriously, I'd rather have Leica or Zeiss. I've owned two pair of 10x42 EL's and was not overly impressed. Yes, they're nice glass, but they're not worth what they sell for....YMMV

It's a horse race between the EL's and the Leica Ultravids on the best you can buy. I'm a Swarovski guy but I bought the Ultravids, more compact and just as good if not better optics, and how do you beat that passport warranty.

I'm not an expert,I just play one on this forum

There used to be a difference in the coatings on the two, the EL's contained a coating that was not used on the SLC's; Swarovski has since begun using identical glass on the two. The difference is the weight and the ergonomics (the feel). I went with the 10x42 SLC's and love them, but like somebody already said, it is sixes one way and half a dozen the other.

Going with Zeiss, Leica, or Swarovski is going to leave you very pleased.

(As you increase the magnification, with all glass, you decrease the amount of light allowed through, relatively speaking.)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom