Sled springs elk hunt

Elknut615

Hi everybody. Me and my old man are wanting to put in for sled springs this year. We should have enough points (he has 10 and I have 9). I just had a few questions about the timber companies and if you have to by trespass permits or anything like that to have access on to the companies land. I’ve already been doing some looking for places on the national forest land but it’s hard since the unit is only 21% public land. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

A lot of the elk get pushed to the private in Sleds & Chesnim in October during deer rifle. Then come the natives who come down into Wallowa county in their trucks, cars and whatever else they can load an animal up in or on LOL

muleyman

I was surprised that a resident spent 19 pts on the bow tag last year. I suppose if you had good property it would be a great hunt.

Thinking about that point level - probably a guy getting older or with an illness who had been building points for close to twenty years and realized he needed to go hunting or die with unused points.
I’ll bet that in the next years you’ll see this happening more with the resultant point creep sky rocketing. Who among us boomers wants to leave points on the table before going to the happy hunting ground in the sky?

It would be a sweet hunt if someone had a ranch to hunt in there. There is a really good one. Im sure it would cost some money though.

Back
Top Bottom