Sleep Apnea?

BeanMan

Long Time Member
I just got diagnosed with sleep apnea, does anyone have experience with a CPAP machine and did it make a postive difference? Tim?

Hasbean

The mouth piece my dentist made me works great for me. You may want to try that option first.

Good luck

I e had one over a year . I hate the face piece and want to try the nose device. I breathe through my mouth night so I'm not sure it will work.
If I go hunting or hiking I don't have one and I have always been ok.
I have had up to 35 instances an hour.
You have to buy distilled water so I buy 3 or 4 gallons at a time which lasts for months
It does dry my throat out some even with the nebulizer but it isnt too bad.
If I lose 40 lbs or so I might be able to discontinue use .
Good luck Beanman.

I use a CPAP. I have for years now. I can barely sleep w/o it now. When I am away from electicity... like in a tent, I won't go to sleep for hours.

I used to snore like a chainsaw w.a busted piston.

Now, I almost always cover my head when I sleep. This makes it easy to take a nap in the afternoon. It also makes it easier for me to sleep thru my wife turning on the light.

I have heard of people having trouble adapting to it, but I think that they just didnt persevere. That said, I didnt go 3 nights trying to adapt and therefore being w/o sleep and having to give up in order to set some sleep. I could see it taking awhile to adapt...for a few.
John 14:6

Just got diagnosed with that myself. Will be getting my device this month. I didn't feel it was too obtrusive when I did the sleep study. They had me sleep normally (just hooked up too all the wires) for the first half of the night, then I wore the C-Pap for the rest of the night. I thought I slept pretty good. The tests showed my body liked it. So, we'll see.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Could never get used to mine. Army buddies have luck with the nasal pillows. Ive requested them. The mask was too much for me.

They're a Real JOKE!

I Sure the Hell Don't Sleep enough to even keep that F'N Mask on for 5 minutes!

Sleep is Over Rated!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I'm sorry Bob, that is tough. After my surgery the pain meds dont let me sleep moee than 3 to 4 hours a ite so I'm switching to Aleve just to sleep even if the pain isn't handled.
A few more weeks and I should be like new hopefully.
On the positive side spring, summer and fishing is on the way again. Oh yeah.

Been using an APAP (cpap that automatically adjust air pressure to what you need) since April. I'm a side sleeper, so the mask (cushion) kept getting bumped out of place causing air leaks. I switched to the nose only (pillow) after a few months and it's been better.
I think my quality of sleep has improved using it.

I Done the Test Several years ago!

Said I Failed/Was the worst by far than anybody they'd dealt with!

Like I Said!

Sleep is over-rated I Guess!

Sure would be Nice To Go Out & Not know anything for 4-5 Hours though!

This Sshhiittt is getting Old!

Beanman I as diagnosed but didn't get it because I heard they may limit your driving privileges a night if you have sleep apnea. Not sure it is true but I always drive at night because of traffic especially on long trips.

I also have a pacemaker implanted and it is supposed to keep me ticking no matter what. A hereditary issue but it just keeps on going.

On another note Beanman how have you been since your ATV accident. From your posts I think you live in GJ or up on the hill not far from my Grandparents house.

DH53,

I'm about 90% recovered from the broken sternum, I started skiing last week. We live on top of the 38 road hill on East Orchard Mesa.

Hasbean

They told me I needed one and after the cost was laid out I said no thanks, then they sent in the ?closer?. Talked only to my wife, how I was gonna die, etc etc. worse than a used car salesman 10 fold.

Went home, lost 50#, problem went away.

I thought so my grandparents lived on West Main right by the river My uncle used to own that Drive In right there after going across the bridge in the old days.

Spent many a deer and elk season on the top of that mountain growing up. My family used to hunt the old air strip if you know where that is.

Glad to hear you are recovering that was a nasty fall. Do you fish the Mesa?

love that area spent an a lot of time there

Fred, tried it for a couple weeks. Pain in the A$$! Sent it back. I figure if I made it to 65 without it I could do without it. If you do, make sure and clean everyday! pc

If I lost 50 pounds I would be lighter than I was at age 17...

>They told me I needed one
>and after the cost was
>laid out I said no
>thanks, then they sent in
>the ?closer?. Talked only to
>my wife, how I was
>gonna die, etc etc. worse
>than a used car salesman
>10 fold.
>
>Went home, lost 50#, problem went
>away.

Hasbean

I Need something that works!

I tried it many years ago couldn't fall a sleep.
When I had the test down though they put the mask on after I fell a sleep I woke
up feeling like a million bucks.

My dentist told me about the mouth appliance or whatever it's called will work but
You have to use another one to get your jaw back to way it belongs.
Have you ever woke in the morning and you jaw was pushed out? That happens
to me every blue moon.
It's funny how your body knows what to do on its own sometimes

Good luck

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

What I feel like when first started wearing one...
983465102188110100672712776836992020098279538688n.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom