Small base dies 7mm rem mag

gundog2

Wondering if anyone near Logan could resize my 7mm rem mag brass with a small base die? I bought a new CA Ridgeline to replace my old M77 Ruger (tang safety), but my old brass will not fit the new gun even after I resize with FL die. I would buy new brass if I could, but I’m in a tight spot here. I might have stuff to trade for favor, such as Fed 215 primers.

Wondering if anyone near Logan could resize my 7mm rem mag brass with a small base die? I bought a new CA Ridgeline to replace my old M77 Ruger (tang safety), but my old brass will not fit the new gun even after I resize with FL die. I would buy new brass if I could, but I’m in a tight spot here. I might have stuff to trade for favor, such as Fed 215 primers.
You might not actually need a SB sizer die.
Since the individual dies vary quite a bit, reach out and have someone size 3 or so cases for you with their die and see if that works in your new rifle.
I’m in Utah Co but I’d send mine to you to use/try if you cannot find one locally.

Zeke

You might not actually need a SB sizer die.
Since the individual dies vary quite a bit, reach out and have someone size 3 or so cases for you with their die and see if that works in your new rifle.
I’m in Utah Co but I’d send mine to you to use/try if you cannot find one locally.

Zeke
I don’t understand what you mean by size 3? Are you referring to the rcbs shell holder, which would normally be size #4?

Try new ammo in the gun and see if it fits. It might be a problem with the gun. I have seen it before.

The problem is more than likely the chamber on the old Ruger was cut larger than your new CA and even FL sizing a belted case doesn’t size all the way to the belt. There is a small portion of the case that isn’t sized right above the belt when FL sizing and this is most likely your problem. You can color a case with a sharpie to see where it’s contacting and my guess is right in front of the belt.
If you want to reuse all your old brass you can buy this die and it will fix the issue. If not I would recommend selling all your old brass and buying new brass.

Cahunter805 is exactly right, the cases are sticking just above the belt. I‘m thinking that most of my old brass is junk but I appreciate the tip. I like the fact that this collet resizing die works some other belted magnums.

The problem is more than likely the chamber on the old Ruger was cut larger than your new CA and even FL sizing a belted case doesn’t size all the way to the belt. There is a small portion of the case that isn’t sized right above the belt when FL sizing and this is most likely your problem. You can color a case with a sharpie to see where it’s contacting and my guess is right in front of the belt.
If you want to reuse all your old brass you can buy this die and it will fix the issue. If not I would recommend selling all your old brass and buying new brass.
The belted magnum collet resizing die, by Larry Willis - Reloading Technologies, solved the problem. It fixes bulges above the belt, created by other resizing dies. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have small base dies for the 7 mag of your interested. I’m in West Point. Send me a message if you want them

I’d love to buy the small base die for the REM 7mm mag.
I have small base dies for the 7 mag of your interested. I’m in West Point. Send me a message if you want them
Please sell the dies to me. I’m in AZ and my phone number is 802-505-0261. I’ve been looking everywhere. If you get an answering service, leave me a phone number and I’ll call you. Thanks, George

I’d love to buy the small base die for the REM 7mm mag.

Please sell the dies to me. I’m in AZ and my phone number is 802-505-0261. I’ve been looking everywhere. If you get an answering service, leave me a phone number and I’ll call you. Thanks, George
You paying shipping?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom