Smell the Bushie Goodness!

Forthewall

Long Time Member
Let's take a trip down memory lane....

We'll miss George, if he only had 4 more years and if the Republicans had won both houses we would not be in the mess that Obama put us in.

If only McCain won, what a great candidate, nothing like the straight talk express.

Good times...good times indeed!

And you do not think that we are in store for more of those "good times" with B.O. at the helm.
On second though, you might be right, after B.O. is finished, we might just look back and say those were good times before B.O., Pelosi, Reid, took over with their moonpie promises.

RELH

Ah yes, youtube. Here is another.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

I know this RELH, under Reagan the deficit tripled, under George the Idiot it quadrupled. If Obama walks away and leaves us with a 27 or 36 trillion dollar budget deficit you might be right. If not, then he will be more of a fiscal conservative than either Ronnie or Dumbie.

Now you must be somewhat of intelligent guy afterall you are related to Overton.

So tell me this, why is it o.k. to borrow hundreds of billions from China so that we, our children, and our children's children can rebuild the infrastructure of Iraq and Afghanistan when our own infrastructure is so desperately in need of repair?

By all means call me a racist but I wouldn't piss on an Iraqi or an Afghani if they were on fire. The thought that we spend anything on them other than bombs or bullets to me is simply unacceptable.

Since you actually voted for Lincoln I believe you understand what a traditional republican conservative really is. So would you describe the Bush terms as being in line with traditional republican conservative values?

Personally I'll take Obama over McCain 6 days a week and twice on Sunday. As for Reid and Pelosi, I think the country and the democratic party would be better off without them. Hopefully their constituents will toss them out in their upcoming elections.

You know George has been anything but a conservative. Yet you continue to support a party that no longer represents you, has pissed trillions away, tapped your phones, supported torture, suspended habeus corpus, has been anything but accountable or transparent, and has not secured our borders. On top of all of that you have stated that you are also Pro-Choice...that just don't make no sense.

As for moonpie promises do these words ring a bell, "I'm a Uniter not a Divider" or "My administration will not get involved in nation building" or "We do not torture"?

Both sides are hopeless but w was a complete and udder disaster that will never take any responsiblity. That McCain video is hilarious. It makes electing Obama look like a stroke of genius on the voters part. Good luck Obama....you're gonna need it. Thanks w.

FTW;

I did not support a lot of Bush's ideals, but our two party system does not leave me much leeway on which way to go. I prefer right over left.
In my opinion, a vote for Obama was the same as voting for Karl Marx. As for the moonpie, you better take a good look on what Obama has plans for in Afganistan or his wants to support certain African nations and spend our money there. Let along his welfare programs here.
It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, and I do believe that Obama overplayed his hand, along with a few democrat members in congress, and made promises that they can not keep and it will bite them big time in the next two elections.
This can be very good for the GOP, if the damn GOP is smart enought to get back on the right path and not go the way they have been going.
In a nutshell, I am saying that Obama and his fellow left wing liberal democrats, that run that party today, are the worse of two evils that I am forced to vote for. The voters brought their promises this time, but may get very discourage by next election over broken promises.

RELH

Man I miss the comedy stylings of Bush, I'm still not sure if I think Bush or Ferrell got the most laughs.

I don't know how to feel about the McCain clips though, I was under the impression that our right wing nut jobs were saying if Obama hadn't been elected life would be all giggle pops and happy berries right now. it's disturbing to think maybe there wasn't an easy way out of this mess that America missed the boat on, maybe the righties have no answers just whining? disturbing indeed.

>maybe the righties have
>no answers just whining?

I'd prefer their whining (and letting the crisis take care of itself - good and bad) to the liberals further destroying the country in the name of "change".

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

You might be right I'm not saying you're not this thing looks like a snowball headed for hell to me. but winners decide, and Obama is the decider this time around.

4th wall, great points

The difference is under Obama, it will be much more likely you won't have a job.

Eventually, you will not be able to attribute not having a job to Bush.

Funny that Obama can say anything, on both sides of the issue and no one says a word. It is so silent, even when it is apparent as though he has no idea what he is talking about.

Example, Obama... "I am going to have double the deficit spending for many years to come." then the following week, "I am going to half the deficit by the year 2013." If someone translates that, you get that actual meaning that is I am going to continue to spend more that we have by a large margin.

That is like saying I am going to save or create 200 tillion jobs. That is the same as saying I am going to create zero jobs. No one counts jobs that are saved.

If you are some how complaining about deficits, then how can you in the same breath talk about how happy you are with Obama?

We get that you think bush is not smart, understand that. Now make some sense on your own beyond that!!!

forthewall,
Did I read your post right when you said you wouldn't piss on an iraqi or an afghani if they were on fire and then turn around and rip on Bush for supporting torture? I'm confused. Blaming all this on Bush is beyond foolish and anyone who thinks this way may be beyond help. He was a part of the problem that with any research goes back many presidents.

Presidents aren't supposed to let us get in messes like this, especially when they have 8 years to respond, thats why we have a system that gives so much power to one person. Tax cuts, grow the economy,increase military spending,deregulate, these are right wing iconic ideals, while they have merits, like all things they can be overdone,and it seems to me that they were "overdone". when Clinton came into office, I know he made mistakes but he did some good things, even though they weren't popular, he cut government spending, raised taxes in a balanced way to cover spending, and therefore balanced the budget. thats the kind of thing presidents are supposed to push for.

we wouldnt have to spend as much on the military if willy didnt strip it down to nothing while in office. and i know the come back to that is funding two wars under bush, but maybe, just maybe willy should have taken care of one of those wars in the '90's?

Actually I believe that Bush will get blamed for any problem in the country for years by the kool-aid drinkers on the left. Kind of like Clinton getting the pointy finger from the kool-aid drinkers on the right. The President develops policy and has a great deal of power but he can't spend a dime without approval of Congress. Bush tried for the last 2 years to open a dialogue on fannie-freddie and guess what? No way that was going to happen in Congress and that included quite a few republicans. I watched Pelosi cleaning Obama's behind during the speech but do you think she would support the line item veto? That would eliminate a ton of the non-existent pork she comes up with because the POTUS is held accountable and Congress can hide behind the pointy finger. Republicans will do well if the become the party of the new revolution. People who actually work vs people who live off the government which is funded by the workers. It is coming.

Its funny that only 2 months in office ,not everything is hunky-dory for Obama,and automatically he and his sheep have no fingers to point to but to Bush.
Obama wanted the presidentry so bad,knew what problems to face,but now so soon is telling everyone that it was an inheritance.
Great leader.

I remember when rightys were saying that poor w inherited a good economy and the bubble just had to burst. So Obama is lucky then I guess if that is the righty way of thinking. That lucky bastard.

Right here in this thread we're still hearing Clinton blamed for anything we don't like 8 years later, yet some of you think Bush is off the hook 36 days after leaving office for Iraq and running the economy into a brick wall? that's some funny stuff.

You better hope Obama eats it and we become a 3rd world nation, if he can pull us out of this mess people will find a way to elect him a 3rd term.

OMG Naildriver. You expect anyone including God to pull us out of this disaster overnight or in the next 4 years? Where exactly are you driving these nails?

This is similar to when Reagan took over the disasterous Carter years. Only Obama is going in reverse.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-09 AT 06:21AM (MST)[p]Reagan was the second worst president in history. What exactly are you talking about? Remember the defecit then?....housing interest rates?....don't make me list everything. Good God man, grab a history book.

And the alternative to Obama was???????????????

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. w could make a sow's ear out of a silk purse though. Thank God for term limits or we'd be waving foreign flags. We still might thanks to w's mess.

not only the awful economy in the 80s but think of all the problems Reagan caused, Iran Contra, popularizing Deb't, popularizing deregulation, telling us we have plenty of energy, training terrorists, and mostly being George W. Bushes secret mentor.

Oh how I pine again for the days under Yimmie Carter and his double digit inflation, double digit unemployment, 21.5% interest rates. Not to mention a complete abortion of a foreign policy. To quote Billy Joel "Russians in Afghanistan, Ayatollahas in Iran" Iran - we all know how well that has turned out and continues to haunt us. Like 911 would have never happened. What a joke, you libs are amazing.

Zigga ,you should be on Comedy Central. If i'm not mistaken,by the end of the Reagan years, there were over 30 million jobs added by the end of his presidentry.

Reagan ,the 2nd worst president in history?? We can have our differences, but now i've lost all respect for your intelligence.

>Zigga ,you should be on Comedy
>Central. If i'm
>not mistaken,by the end of
>the Reagan years, there were
>over 30 million jobs added
>by the end of his
>presidentry.
>
>Reagan ,the 2nd worst president in
>history?? We can have
>our differences, but now i've
>lost all respect for your
>intelligence.

LOL....his what ????

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-09 AT 08:38AM (MST)[p]After a low point in the economy, 30 million mostly low wage jobs were supposedly created, Clinton did that in a shorter period of time, after 12 years of Reagan-Bush, and many were high paying jobs, I guess you guys feel a kinship with him, being from California and all, so we understand, but many of his beliefs, have been carried out by his young protege GWB. And it seems the results are less than stellar

I forgot to mention that Clinton Balanced the federal budget at the same time, sure can't say that about Reagan, he pioneered big deficits, oh sorry I forgot, you guys are now fiscal conservatives.

As Trump said not since 1929 have we seen an economic situation as bad as today, so your righty mission is to slip this turd out of your pocket and into Obama's before the mid terms.

We get it, but wait at least a few months so the simpltons forget Bush would you.

You guys are just like Obama. It is great if you (the left) do it, and evil if a conservative does it.

Think about it, lowering taxes and spending a ton is bad under Bush, but great under Obama.

I think we all might want to remember that Clinton had conservatives in the other part of the government setting him up for success.

Bush was not balanced by the other side to be fiscally conservative. Just as Obama now is proposing the largest deficit spending even imagined at the same time blurting out that he is going to balance the budget? Obama is not being set up for success by Pelosi and Reed.

We all can fight about the past, an we probably will. However, if you cannot be honest about what is happening now, why even try?

Who said Obama is doing anything great or he's right to do it?

I said he's throwing crap at the wall hoping something will stick, just like Bush was doing as he walked out the door.

What else is there to do? yes Obama needs critisizm because he's got some bad ideas no question about it. just remember when your knocking him how we got here and how your not-so-conservative buddies had zero ideas to help as well. if you didn't know better the rhetoric around here would make you think things went to crap after Obama took office and if he'd just do as the not-so-conservatives say we'd be in fat city. not really.

I guess some folks just have a propensity to embellish numbers when it comes to their anatomy and politics.

Time to put a checkmark next to Naildriver in the "I just make crap up as I go column."

"Reagan created 30 million jobs", hell if your going to make stuff up why not say he created 300 billion jobs. If you want an exact number perhaps you should try something new, like actually researching a few facts.

Now I've been away for awhile so I thought I would post these links to Youtube for a little light humor and reflection. Apparently not enough time has passed for some to see the humor in it.

Reagan created lots of 4 and 5 dollar an hour jobs. Way to go. You gize r grate. Like I said, grab a history book.

Gleninaz,

I love revisionist history just as much as the next guy. And I know it's become standard fare to dismiss things like facts when it come to bush defenders.

Rather than post a dozen links to show how Bush had a large hand in what is now known as toxic paper. I will simply post a single link and let you explain to all of us how he wanted to crack down on Freddic Mac and Fannie Mae.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/mortgages/20040923a1.asp

The "facts" are George was humping homeownership in 2002 and it became his mantra in the 2004 election. This was at a time when top economists where already sounding the alarm of an unprecedented housing bubble.

Funny how those whores of housing..the democrats received only 1/11th of all campaign contributions from the real estate industry in the 2004 election.

Funny still is the fact that today the highest percentage of toxic paper is held by the same minorities that Bush boasted about in the 2004 election.

ftw-I try to pick on these folks, but your plain mean, that link has got to hurt some of these guys, their selective memory has just been shattered, I hope there isn't a dog close by

Well at least aiding Saddam was a good idea for Reagan.........oh wait.

At least we're not still paying for that little mistake....oh wait. Nevermind.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-09 AT 02:12PM (MST)[p]Piper to be honest I am not looking to pick on "these people" afterall they are my fellow americans. The fact is we are in a failed political system which has embraced failed foreign and domestic policies for decades.

We wonder why politicians appear to represent only the rich when the majority of Governors and Federal elected officials are in the top 2% of wage earners.

We complain about lobbyists yet we allow private money into our election process. We clearly see how populist opinion and religious dogma have swayed government policy to our own detriment.

For instance, when the Russians left Afghanistan Clinton enabled a power vacuum that left Bin Laden the hero of Afghani people. Clinton has admitted that we should have gone into Afghanistan, but didn't because he did not want the American people to think he was detracting their attention during the Lewinsky investigation or as I like to say...the swallow heard around the world.

Bush stepped away from stem cell research letting his own personal religious dogma interfere with our country pioneering new medical advancement.

Many of our social programs have had the best of intentions. Yet Medicare and Medicaid are the sole source of skyrocketing medical costs across our nation. One only needs to look at the average cost of a stay at hospital in the 50's compared to the late 60's, it's been an skyrocketing upward trend ever since.

The list goes on and on which is a shame and indicative of a system that no longer represents the best interests of the average American tax payer.

Personally I yearn for a day when I can say that I am a Republican again. Which is why I am so thankful for Bush, McCain, Palin, and 109th congress. They did more to damage the Republican party than the entire democratic could have ever done.

My only problem with both Bush or Clinton defenders is their inability to be critical where constructive criticism is truly warranted.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-09 AT 07:03PM (MST)[p]So you guys are saying that both sides screw up. Are you saying that when Republicans screw up the rich get richer and the poor get poorer? Are you saying that when Democrats screw up a dress gets stained? Are you saying that when Republicans screw up our national security is in danger and there are lives lost? Are you saying that when Republicans screw up we pay for the next umpteen decades? Are you saying that when Republicans screw up the entire civilized world as we know it could be in jeopardy? Facts are for sissies and we don't like to hear them. Besides these rightys once said that the president doesn't really have any power or something like that. Actually they say a lot of things so it's hard to keep track.

Obama has been in office a few weeks and this economy is still in disaster mode which is Oby's fault right? But 911 wasn't w's responsibility because he was only president for 9 months. Makes sense doesn't it? It makes sense to these rightys baby. You guys are always around to make me laugh and I thank you for it. How do you spell "hypocrisy"?

Earth to Zigga-

Economy is not Obama's fault. Saying one thing and doing another, which then makes things worse, is his fault.

The worse it get's, the better it is for Obama, then he can do what ever he wants. We have to have it, right, if we don't the world will cave in.

Many said not to do tarp, because it would not work. Then it didn't work.

Many said, the stimulus was a fraud, what do you think it will do?

Besides Zigga, don't you know, 9-11 was Reagans fault for deregulation of the airlines. You must be loosing it.

Zigger you are a mile wide and a half inch deep.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Maybe you guys should complain about Obama after his first 2 months. Geez, give the guy a minute to screw up. We gave w 8 years and boy did he do a number. Patience boys. Another example of how unrealistic you rightys are. Slow the eff down already.

This post is making my colitis flare up. Between the last 4 POTUS we have or had, I highly doubt, that together, they could succeed in running a really sharp stick up a tied goats ass, even with McCain's, Kerry's and Gore's help. It is all about them & SIG's. When I proudly served, I served this country and it's people not it's politicians, and i'd do it again in a heartbeat. This country is supposed to be about it's people, not an inept goverment running it into the ground.
I think it will take drastic measures to right this sinking ship, and I believe the American people missed an oppurtunity this past election.

Bush's spending spree broke us, and now Obama's budget, commits the US gov't to a BILLION dollars a day........in interest alone...... Yep were in good shape.

I usually like to " Smell the Bushie Goodness!"

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Funny stuff, a few years ago if anyone had knocked Bush and his moral warriors like this there would have been death threats.

Now it's a soft " ...oh yeah " . maybe now that the Bush style republicans have had their butts handed to them the party will wise up and become something useful. there are some good moderate leaders with a brain in the conservative party, I hope they rise to the top and restore balance.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom