Smoked Breakfast Fat Daddy!!!

Blank

Long Time Member
Pecan-smoked, bacon wrapped, sausage stuffed, Western and jalapeño omelet with pepper jack cheese breakfast roll............

Girls are gone to Denver for a week, shows and Rockies games. I can eat what I want!! Let you know tomorrow morning, after two hours on the smoker, how it turns out. I got 3 days to finish it. :)

B142FDC4-96E0-4C3D-AB07-B30EC88885FB_1_201_a.jpeg

B2B8B324-4371-4C1F-8F66-8A76DE8F084E_1_201_a.jpeg

5DBA72D8-2244-4889-B0A2-BD24E0EA2BBC_1_201_a.jpeg

94978282-4791-4BE2-8E6F-268C0E5DF4CD_1_201_a.jpeg

Breakfast is complete, and it was everything that I could have hoped! Winner, winner.
dancing-chicken.gif

Got out of the fridge, seasoned with rub, and got on the grill with my smoker box going at 270 degrees. Left burner under the wood on MED, middle two OFF, and right one on LOW. Two hours, and it came out at 165 degrees in the middle. Having it up on the rack allowed both the bacon and sausage to render down and stay really crispy. Bacon and sausage layers were thin, and eggs remained fluffy. I think any cheese would work well in it.

Now, the Pro's and Con's:
Definitely delicious, make it as full as you need, and spicy as you want. It is fancy and colorful, and holds together well. It would be perfect for a family brunch where you served slices of this with other stuff like fried potatoes/onions and fruit. The first slice I just used hot sauce, then cold sour cream and some pico for seconds. Watermelon chunks to finish

It's a little too much work for a normal breakfast, especially just for me where the girls wouldn't eat it. The 30-40 minutes the night before is easy, then putting it in the smoker two hours early in the morning means you eat late. I'm gonna slice one half up, separate with wax paper, and see how it freezes. I bet it will be great in the microwave or on the flat top.

A12DC73C-21EF-486A-BA2F-EC2338E8BB0E_1_201_a.jpeg

00843CC7-4594-4808-B6F0-A59AFE0EFDDE_1_201_a.jpeg

1CBABAE9-CED8-4FBA-BE55-5026E88C4B8F_1_201_a.jpeg

685ED082-3558-4EBC-BADF-EA5443CDC7E4_1_201_a.jpeg

43A2AAAB-E844-49A6-902D-863DA4266B8E_1_201_a.jpeg

Can't get it out of my mind Blank- My doctor will probably have to unclog my arteries with a high dose of cholesterol meds for a week after eating this but at some point I made a note to refer to this post when I take a stab at it. ;)

Can't get it out of my mind Blank- My doctor will probably have to unclog my arteries with a high dose of cholesterol meds for a week after eating this but at some point I made a note to refer to this post when I take a stab at it. ;)
Might die of clogged arteries, but at least you can die happy and with a full stomach. ???

I checked the freezer- I have 8lbs of Bacon and 9 1lb rolls of sausage. Now it's a matter of when!!!! Looks like this fall hunting season when I am at my friends place hunting deer. I'll have help eating it!!!

Hey blank
I’m going to do this at camp this weekend with a twist.
After you rolled it how did you connect the sides to keep it from falling apart ?
Yes I’ll take pics ?

CMan: I was worried about that, so I stopped about an inch short on each end with the eggs (picture). That left me plenty of sausage to close with and pack shut, then just tucked the bacon ends in. I could have gone a lot closer to the end, as it turned out.

CMan: I was worried about that, so I stopped about an inch short on each end with the eggs (picture). That left me plenty of sausage to close with and pack shut, then just tucked the bacon ends in. I could have gone a lot closer to the end, as it turned out.
Recipe? Or did you just wing it? mtmuley

If he is just winging all these meals he needs to start making a recipe book. I have made quite a few things he and other have made here. My wife likes the peach cobbler I make the most.

Yes, pre-cook the eggs and let them cool.

A lot of the things just pop into my mind, just before bed. If I remember in the morning, I sometimes look them up to see if someone is already doing it!! :)

In this case, I saw it on a TV show about BBQ, but none of the the steps. A friend in Texas told me afterwards that MeatChurch has a video on YouTube.

Going to do it again with just eggs, cheese, and maybe spinach that the girls will eat. I think I can sear a slice and top a hamburger with it and extra cheese!!!!!

Breakfast is complete, and it was everything that I could have hoped! Winner, winner. View attachment 83512

Got out of the fridge, seasoned with rub, and got on the grill with my smoker box going at 270 degrees. Left burner under the wood on MED, middle two OFF, and right one on LOW. Two hours, and it came out at 165 degrees in the middle. Having it up on the rack allowed both the bacon and sausage to render down and stay really crispy. Bacon and sausage layers were thin, and eggs remained fluffy. I think any cheese would work well in it.

Now, the Pro's and Con's:
Definitely delicious, make it as full as you need, and spicy as you want. It is fancy and colorful, and holds together well. It would be perfect for a family brunch where you served slices of this with other stuff like fried potatoes/onions and fruit. The first slice I just used hot sauce, then cold sour cream and some pico for seconds. Watermelon chunks to finish

It's a little too much work for a normal breakfast, especially just for me where the girls wouldn't eat it. The 30-40 minutes the night before is easy, then putting it in the smoker two hours early in the morning means you eat late. I'm gonna slice one half up, separate with wax paper, and see how it freezes. I bet it will be great in the microwave or on the flat top.

View attachment 83507

View attachment 83508

View attachment 83509

View attachment 83510

View attachment 83511
Blank, going to try it tomorrow. How long ( thinking you said 2 hours) at what temperature on the smoker. If I do it in the oven, do you think 45 minutes at 350 would work ?

Good luck, hope it turns out delicious! I would think that 45-50 minutes in the oven at 350 would be just about right. The real test would be to check with meat thermometer and make sure that internal temp was greater than 145-150 degrees for the pork. The visual would be the bacon being done to a nice crisp, without being under done.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom