Snake Gaiters?

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Looking at getting a pair for my Wyoming Antelope hunt in September and was looking at Crackshot Snake Guardz leg protection. Last few times out on my hunts I have been running into more snakes than I have seen before. Is there another set people like?

Haven't seen those before. I have and use the ones from Sportsman's, which run about $40. Have been happy with them down in Texas.

I've run into around a dozen rattlers this year so far. I've seen more here in Colo this year than for years. I'm in rattler country just about every day working and playing for the last 35 years and really don't see the need for them..knock on wood! I've seen a few rattlers around here that don't have any rattles on their tail which is a spooky thought.

On my son's antelope hunt last year in Nevada he was sneaking up on an antelope and while he was laying there he looked to his left and there was a real big rattle's head sticking out of a hole. Got me to thinking.

Doesn’t sound like gaiters would have been useful. I had a similar experience in NV, I crawled up face to face on a 3 plus footer sleeping two feet off the ground in a bush. I bought snake gaiters for a hunt once. Wore them one time, never wore them again. They were stiff and noisy

I really don’t like being surprised by snakes. The piece of mind might be worth it with new and improved gaiters. Just my .02. I did not like the ones I had. 20 years ago though
This one scared the ———— out of me!
D153C070-3554-40C2-95FF-823D9B00131C.jpeg

We used to see an occasional buzz tail in the top of the sagebrush out in the Bookcliffs. Some at eye level. ?. I will be buying gaiters for a Texas hunt when it cools off this fall

I have gators and snake boots. I think a comfortable pair of snake boots is more comfortable. Nice for walking through tall grass or thicker brush. It isn't fun to hear one buzzing close buy but you are unable to see it.

You would probably be amazed at how many rattlers let you walk by them and don't strike! They ultimately don't want to mess with humans or anything else unless provoked. Keep your eyes and ears open and stay alert! They can only strike around 1/3 their body length when coiled up which isn't very far.

I like snake gaiters when I am walking in or out in the dark. I can usually see them during the day. They are more active after dark and that buzzing when I can’t see them is scary!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom