sneeking back into n.m.

Beautiful country. Worked on a piece of the wall down there.

One of the landowners we worked with was murdered in his sleep by "coyotes". If you run into Hidalgo County's "deputy Justice" (seriously), do not pass along my regards to that humorless SOB.

Can't help other than to say be careful.

bluehair,

There has been significant progress of the wall on the NM/Mexico boarder. It use to be a simple fence that anyone could quickly step through. Do you think the entire NM/Mexico board will have the wall completed within the next year?

bluehair,

There has been significant progress of the wall on the NM/Mexico boarder. It use to be a simple fence that anyone could quickly step through. Do you think the entire NM/Mexico board will have the wall completed within the next year?
There are pieces of the wall that will never be built......rough country, and other pieces will require a little eminent domain confiscation. From well healed owners who have the $ to keep it tied up forever.

The one we did was a "normandy" style.....it was intended to be a vehicle barrier. They torched entire sections and drug it out of the way. Meanwhile, CBP highly recommended that all of our crew was armed.

At night you can see the lights start the march to prosperity up on the mountain ranges. It's a shame because of the environmental damage that is destroying something special. Beautiful country but I would be very cautious. I don't believe I would go alone.

I've spent a fair amount of time along the NM/Mexico board the last several years. I occasionally go alone but there are certain areas I just stay away from, even if I'm with a friend. Boarder patrol is out there in all kinds of spots that you wouldn't expect unless you spent some time in the area.

It is very sad that our system is set up in a way that it is easier to sneak into our country illegally instead of become a legal immigrant. Cartels and many politicians want to keep it the way it has been for their own benefit. It makes you question if land owners on the boarder are receiving kick back $$ from cartel when they fight "wall". The land owner that was murdered did something the cartel didn't like. Normally the cartel leaves most American citizens alone so they don't draw too much attention from US law enforcement. All the dead bodies from people crossing the boarder illegally don't draw too much attention but a dead US citizen does.

We were in the middle of this.

does anyone know how to get to the west side of the peloncillo mtns from the arizona side.
thanks

I was looking at this unit but didn't draw. I found that the Geronimo Trail is the best option for getting into the USFS from the AZ side. IIRC Skeleton Canyon Rd has been closed for some time, although I'n not certain where the closure is. You may be able to use Skeleton Canyon to get to the USFS road going into NM.

Attached are two quick maps I made (not my best work). I haven't been there myself but would be interested to know what you find if you're headed there.

AZ NM.jpg

AZ NM2.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at this unit but didn't draw. I found that the Geronimo Trail is the best option for getting into the USFS from the AZ side. IIRC Skeleton Canyon Rd has been closed for some time, although I'n not certain where the closure is. You may be able to use Skeleton Canyon to get to the USFS road going into NM.

Attached are two quick maps I made (not my best work). I haven't been there myself but would be interested to know what you find if you're headed there.

View attachment 10825

View attachment 10826

I don't know from experience but Geronimo trail is really rough. Guys I know that hunt over there go up and around and head south from animas.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom