Snickers pulls ad

TripleK

Long Time Member
Well SURE it was homophobic! That's why it was funny. I liked it. Whatever. You can still replay the commercial for fun in Bess's garage though. LOL

Snickers ad pulled after complaints

HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. (AP) - A commercial for Snickers candy bars launched in the Super Bowl broadcast was benched after its maker got complaints that it was homophobic.

The ad showed two auto mechanics accidentally kissing while eating the same candy bar and then ripping out some chest hair to do something "manly." One of the alternate endings on the Snickers Web site showed the men attacking each other.

The Human Rights Campaign and the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation complained to the maker of Snickers, Hackettstown-based Masterfoods USA, a division of Mars Inc., which also makes M&M's and other candies.

The Web site also featured video of players from the Super Bowl teams reacting to the kiss.

"This type of jeering from professional sports figures at the sight of two men kissing fuels the kind of anti-gay bullying that haunts countless gay and lesbian school children on playgrounds all across the country," Human Rights Campaign president Joe Solmonese said in a statement.

GLAAD spokesman Marc McCarthy said Tuesday the group believed "this kind of prejudice was inexcusable."

Masterfoods spokeswoman Alice Nathanson issued a statement in which she said the company would stop running the ad on television and the Web site.

"As with all of our Snickers advertising, our goal was to capture the attention of our core Snickers consumer," Nathanson wrote.

"Feedback from our target consumers has been positive. In addition, many media and Web site commentators of this year's Super Bowl commercial line-up ranked the commercial among this year's top ten best. USA Today ranked it #9 of its top ten picks," she continued.

"We know that humor is highly subjective and understand that some people may have found the ad offensive. Clearly that was not our intent," she wrote.

Masterfoods brands include Uncle Ben's rice, Pedigree dog food and Whiskas cat food. It is part of Mars Inc., a family-owned company.

FIRST JANET JACKSON!!!

THEN THE SNICKERS COMMERCIAL!!!

THEY'VE REALLY CORRUPTED ME!!!

SHOULD I SUE???

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Some people need to get a life and not worry about every little friggin thing. Unbelievable!

Well - I was offended too! Two guys macking is just gross! What was hilarious was that I was offended and you could see it coming! Really I thought the commercial could be read as a commentary of homophobia rather than on homosexuality. The guys go to great lengths to prove their heterosexuality, because they are homophobic - if they really were secure in their sexuality they wouldn't need to prove it, but since they don't want the other to think they are homosexual or that they have homosexual tendencies, this reveals in each of them a lack of security in their latent heterosexuality. I was laughing because they were idiots trying to prove they weren't gay rather than because they had done something gay. Any intelligent homosexual person who is secure in his homosexuality will see this for what it is and not really worry about it. But, therein lies the problem - there are very few homosexuals who are truly comfortable with their sexuailty, mainly because they know it is wrong and they know they are living a lie bigger than the one they were duped into believing they were living as a straight person. The wicked take the truth to be hard.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

"This type of jeering from professional sports figures at the sight of two men kissing fuels the kind of anti-gay bullying that haunts countless gay and lesbian school children on playgrounds all across the country," Human Rights Campaign president Joe Solmonese said in a statement.

GLAAD spokesman Marc McCarthy said Tuesday the group believed "this kind of prejudice was inexcusable."

So, now if an advertiser pulls an ad depicting men kissing, that advertiser is homophobic!

I personally don't want to see peoples perversion broadcast nationally.

Next it will be NAMBLA demanding equal time. And the Association of Donkey Lovers claiming discrimination.

It's only going to get worse!!!

My 4 kids asked "Why did those guys kiss daddy?"

I explained that first there was "Adam and Eve"

Now days you see "Adam and Steve"

It's WRONG!

muleyman

all those butt pluggin,and carpet munching homos and lesbians need to get a ife. Don't they realize that they are in the wrong and arein the minority and they should be made fun of. "I was born this way" bullshizzle you are just a pathetic waste of skin and the opposite sex doesn't like you so you turn to the some other loser that will give you attention.

Yes i am not a fan of same sex relationship.

The only Dog that isn't a fan of queers and lesbians but didn't mind seeing Britney and Madonna smack lips.

I think Mars is dumb for pulling the comercial. Who cares if a few gay people didnt like it thats not a reason to pull it from the air. There are KKK members that dont like seening black people on tv why dont they pander to them as well. People need to stop getting into other peoples buissnes and worry about themselves.

Just my oppinon.........

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

>all those butt pluggin,and carpet munching
>homos and lesbians need to
>get a ife. Don't
>they realize that they are
>in the wrong and arein
>the minority and they should
>be made fun of.
>"I was born this way"
> bullshizzle you are just
>a pathetic waste of skin
>and the opposite sex doesn't
>like you so you turn
>to the some other loser
>that will give you attention.
>
>
>Yes i am not a fan
>of same sex relationship.
>
>The only Dog that isn't a
>fan of queers and lesbians
>but didn't mind seeing Britney
>and Madonna smack lips.

You, Dieseldog...are offensive. Your opinion makes me sick. People with hateful attitudes like yours are a pathetic waste of skin.

Don't you realize that by judging and having such a hateful attitude towards people who make different choices than YOU do that YOU are also in the wrong? If you're going to go off about right and wrong (and I'm assuming you mean in the eyes of God) you better check your own behavior first. You don't have to be a fan of the same sex relationship, but your offensive remarks and judgement about those in them does not make you any better than the people you seem to abhor.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-07 AT 02:44PM (MST)[p]Trip K

how come if they are offended it is ok but if i am offended by their behavior i am supposed to put up with it. It is their choice to be queer and it is my right to not agree with what they do. If I want to express my opinion live with it.

Also thanks for the personal attack their Trip K i didn't call you names but you are quick to call me a waste of skin, unless you fit into the description in the first sentence of my previouse post I didn't call you names. Hypocrite!!

Simmer down there dog - All she did was turn your own words against you. I don't agree with their behavior either, but its not right to denigrate them for it. To me they are no different than any other sinner. It's not right to call someone a low down dirty rotten good for nothing snake in the grass thief, drug addict, child abuser, adulturer etc. Remember the golden rule. That's all she's saying. You have your right to your opinion, but when it comes off like that it sounds hateful. Hate the sin not the sinner.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

"Thou shalt not judge, lest ye be judged!"

Everyone will be judged when they come before the Lord when he or she dies.

What will YOU say when YOU are asked about YOUR actions on earth?

I am here to serve God with all my heart.

I hope to hear the words, "Well done my child, for great is your reward!"

muleyman

That hate the sin, not the sinner thing is such a cop-out to me. I definitely dont feel we should "hate", but get real. . .no one is hating the concept or existence of sin, we are "hating" the fact that people do it.

I dont disapprove of the fact that there is sin in the world, I disapprove of the fact that people commit the sin. The existence of sin, makes it possible for us to experience happiness.

If we were talking about a rapist, a serial killer, or one of the guys that flew the plane into the tower, i dont think people would be saying "hate the sin, not the sinner". They'd hate the person that did it. But for some reason, we cant say that stuff about homosexuals.

I dont think that homosexuals are 'waste of skin', but Im not afraid to say that I strongly disapprove of who they are, what they are doing, and the fact that they are making us all participate in their actions by making their plight so public. I hate the fact that they are making people feel guilty for stating they are against it. I hate how the liberal media is making their lifestyle not just acceptable but popular and encouraged. I hate that any celebrity or sports star that comes out is hailed as a hero, and according to CNN. . .saves lives by coming out. Gimme a break. Lets write stories about real heroes, not those that blame their problems on birth. Its disgusting what they are doing. Lets face it, our country is turning into a modern day Sodom, and we are being asked to tolerate it and accept for who they are.

And as far as judging goes, if I say that I cant stand the whole gay revolution, am I judging? Regardless of whether I am or not, Im still gonna be judged when I die even if Im not judging my peers. If Im asked about my actions here on earth, Ill probably have to say Ive done some crappy stuff. But do I think for one second that Im going to be harshly judged by God for not accepting my homosexual brothers and sisters? Do I think that God is going to cast me out because I publically supported one of His commandments? Not a chance in hell.

dieseldog,YOUR IN DEEP DOO-DOO!!!

dieseldog!!!

SO YOU THINK ITS O.K. FOR SOME TO DO IT AS LONG AS YOU PERSONALLY APPROVE OF WHO IT IS???

T-KKK IS GONNA WHOOP YOUR ASS!!!

ALOT OF PERVO GUYS LIKE WATCHING 2 GIRLS,YOU ADMIT TO THAT!!!

MAYBE SOME PERVO GIRLS LIKE WATCHING 2 GUYS,HELL I DON'T KNOW???

ITS NOT MY CUP OF TEA!!!

TO EACH THEIR OWN,I GUESS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!! :D :D :D

RE: dieseldog,YOUR IN DEEP DOO-DOO!!!

funnest thing I heard today was the (2)word(s) "turd burglar"..
rm

Why are the women always sticking up for the queers. Never fails.

JB

D-CUP!!!

WOULD IT BE THE SAME REASON MOST GUYS ARE STICKING UP FOR THE LEZBO'S???

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Just not in favor of the gay lifestyle I guess. And we all know that britney and Madonna are performers not lesbos. Just like the guys in the commercial were actors. If a commercial has to get pulled off the air cuz some queers were upset, what next??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom