Snow on the Henry Mountains?

sled_guy

Anyone been down on the Henry Mtns the last week or so and know what the snow conditions are like? We are going down over Thanksgiving to photograph deer and I'm curious what the snow is like.

sled_guy

should be snowing about now. Hope the winter will be a mild one.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I was down there a week ago and there were some major drifts on some of the higher, north facing roads. Some guys needed chains to make through the drifts in a few areas. Bull Pass is drifted in as are a few other areas, but basically one can get around pretty good unless they get more snow or big winds, you should be good to go.

Here's a link to some of the photos I took down there last week.

Have a good one. BB

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID6/22473.html

Ok, we were down on the Henry Mtns this past weekend... Fri/Sat. We went a week later than we normally do and the rutt was definitely winding down. We've been going down in Nov for 7 years now and this was by far the lowest number of total deer as well as bucks that we have seen. Now we know, don't go the last week of November. Plus we saw more people than we have ever seen down there.

Snow wasn't bad, we made it all the way up to McMillan Springs to camp but the drifts had the road out towards Bull Creek Pass closed off and we couldn't break through.

http://www.kissnetworks.net/henrys11

sled_guy

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom