Snow Pacs

ironhead

What boots are the best in the snow? Do you where your regular boots with gaiters or do you where snow pacs? I have been wearing Schnees 13" pacs and really like them in the deep snow great traction and the 13" leather upper keeps you dry, downfall 5.3 lbs.

Schnees all the way--I use them in all conditions and terrain for at least the last 10yrs--maybe longer---chris

It is hard to beat a good pac boot in the snow, yea you have to put up with a little extra weight but your feet will always be harm and dry. I have 3 different pairs of hunting boots that I rotate while hunting, they all are awesome but none compare to a good pac when it comes to snow. As far as brand, you cannot go wrong with Schnee's or White's!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Just curious. Whats the pupose of the heavy snow pac's when you can wear a good lighter boot such as the meindl perfk hunters with Gortex and thinsulate? I wore mine in Montana this year in up to 2' of fresh powder and -9degree temp. My feet never got cold or wet. So why wear the heavier snow pac?
Brian

The best days to hunt and fish, Are those that end in a "Y"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom