SNOW

mossback50cal

Very Active Member
How much snow are the mountains getting? I am in Cruces, and we got about 3 or so inches. I do not remember, growing up, getting snow this much in a year. I am just curious as to how much the mountains are getting?

I was out trying to scout deer in the Organs this morning, it was getting after it. About 8am turned out to be a great morning for scouting. They got 3-4 solid inches.

pushing 20". Good stuff. We really need it.

We got more snow before this storm than all of last snow season.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-11 AT 03:48PM (MST)[p]Plenty! The December skiing hasn't been as good since '95...looks like we'll finally have some decent terranean moisture in the ground going into next summer

Good stuff for sure

**---sorry, just realized you're talking about the southern mtns latest

I am just asking in general. We have had such a bad drought, all over the state. I am just glad we are getting some decent moisture. Hopefully I can draw a good tag next year, as if this keeps up, we will have some great antler growth! And good fawn and calf survival rates.

Check ski resorts,47" @ Sandia and Taos. I have about 6-8" with 2' drifts north of Quemado,but most of it has blown to Escondido and Mangas Mtns. Good start to the season!

northwest part of the state wasn't in a drought. im getting sick of all the moisture and cold. we have 2 ft and 15 below zero temps every night. im ready for warm dry weather.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom