SO BIG FRICKEN DEAL???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
We Had Guns In Our Trucks!

We Were Parked on The School Premises/Property!

Most Of Our Guns Were In Gun Racks Racked In The Back Windows!

Right Where The Whole F'N World Could See Them!

We Took Guns In To Wood Shop!

Tore them Down!

Refinished The Stocks & Re-Blued The Metal!

We Went Rabbit Hunting On Our Lunch Break!

Nobody Was SKEERED!

And Nobody Got Hurt!

This Kid Won't Be So Lucky!

Out of all the guns in our vehicles in high school and all the knives in our pockets nobody got shot and the only cuts were accidents or some nut showing off. Sadly not the case in schools today.
We used to play knives out on the lawn at school. Imagine the sh!t storm it would cause if the do goods saw us throwing them at each others feet now?

My Dad made my older brothers and I a deal. He would buy us each a 22 at age 11. If we wanted a shotgun we had to save the first $50 bucks and he would pay the rest. I saved my $50 when I turned 8 years old. That wasn't exactly what my Dad had in mind when he made the deal with us but he kept his word. About a week later my Mom took me and my new 12 gauge Remington Wing Master to my 3rd grade show and tell... I had a pretty great Dad.

My Dad made my older brothers and I a deal. He would buy us each a 22 at age 11. If we wanted a shotgun we had to save the first $50 bucks and he would pay the rest. I saved my $50 when I turned 8 years old. That wasn't exactly what my Dad had in mind when he made the deal with us but he kept his word. About a week later my Mom took me and my new 12 gauge Remington Wing Master to my 3rd grade show and tell... I had a pretty great Dad.
My Mom deserves some credit also!

We Had Guns In Our Trucks!

We Were Parked on The School Premises/Property!

Most Of Our Guns Were In Gun Racks Racked In The Back Windows!

Right Where The Whole F'N World Could See Them!

We Took Guns In To Wood Shop!

Tore them Down!

Refinished The Stocks & Re-Blued The Metal!

We Went Rabbit Hunting On Our Lunch Break!

Nobody Was SKEERED!

And Nobody Got Hurt!

This Kid Won't Be So Lucky!

They don't make kids like they used to. They don't make parents like they used to either.

Had to keep my shotgun in the principles office until I could take it on the bus to a weekend stay at a friends place in Ashby MN.

Best ducking hunting buddy I had was Junior High School Vice Principal……. The minute school was out, he and two of my class mates were gone to the oats fields.

Had to keep my shotgun in the principles office until I could take it on the bus to a weekend stay at a friends place in Ashby MN.
This is what you do at my sons recently former college if you want to keep a hunting gun on campus. Except you check it in with the campus cops.

We all had guns in our trucks. It was the last thing we were worried about killing us.

Same here.
30-30 in the back window of my pickup in the school parking lot.
Was driving by myself @ 14. (manual trans.)
No problems whatsoever.

Shop teacher would let us store our shotguns in his office, then we would hunt pheasants on the way home…
Your stories sure are familiar to me.
We had a trap team after school for the “wrenches” which was made up of guys like me, taking mechanic/welding/autobody type classes.
If you could not fit gun in your locker the shop teacher would let you leave it in his office.
There was also a trap team for the FFA “cowboys” and we would have tournaments with surrounding schools.
Then hunting season would roll around and we would hunt birds after school.
This was at West Jordan High in ‘86-87’.
I graduated in ‘87.

I was a year behind you Shane…and I completely agree. I feel for todays kids. In my day, we either won or got our a$$ kicked and headed home to lick our wounds. Now days, they head home and grab a gun to get even.

They don't make kids like they used to. They don't make parents like they used to either.
What are you talking about?

IMG_4534.jpeg

Your stories sure are familiar to me.
We had a trap team after school for the “wrenches” which was made up of guys like me, taking mechanic/welding/autobody type classes.
If you could not fit gun in your locker the shop teacher would let you leave it in his office.
There was also a trap team for the FFA “cowboys” and we would have tournaments with surrounding schools.
Then hunting season would roll around and we would hunt birds after school.
This was at West Jordan High in ‘86-87’.
I graduated in ‘87.
Shane you have a PM

I was a year behind you Shane…and I completely agree. I feel for todays kids. In my day, we either won or got our a$$ kicked and headed home to lick our wounds. Now days, they head home and grab a gun to get even.
A year behind me at WJ High, or just in general?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom