So I need to revise an Application...

smarba

I just had an unexpected schedule change.

My understanding is I can DELETE my current Application, then create a new one. I will have to pay the Application Fee a second time (non-refundable). I will also pay the Tag Fee a second time and refunds for Tag Fee won't occur until after the draw (i.e. NMDGF will hold 2x Tag Fee until the draw, at which point they'll either refund both if I don't draw, or one if I do draw. Is my understanding correct?

That's the only way I can think of. Happened to me a few years back and that's what I did anyway. Best of all I didn't draw anything that year even after paying the extra $.

OK. I'm paranoid. I'd rather not take advice from someone who DIDN'T draw. For all know they just negated your application.
So I called NMDGF. I originally thought their phone lines would be overloaded and would be on hold forever, but it was quick.
They confirmed everything above EXCEPT the refund for the tag will be initiated immediately (may take a couple of days) so the refund would occur well before the drawing is conducted.
So to reiterate let's say you need to change your ELK application. Click REVIEW on ELK only, then delete, then reapply.

I have donated an additional $100 in app fees this year aleady :rolleyes:.

Tag refunds for do-overs showed up a couple of days later.

Yes, your reiteration is correct. Review, delete, reapply. I am an expert on the process :cool:

If you delte the application the refund for that big game species will be processed within 48 hours, and you are able to re apply right away .
If the NMDGF deletes the application , you are able to re-apply right away but the initial refund will not be processed until after the draw. If you don't draw , you would have two refunds processed...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom