So....who got a G3 tag??

My draw results show I pulled one of the open zone fundraising deer tags, I haven't received anything from the state confirming that yet.

G3 will be on the list of areas I will hunt for sure, along with a couple others I am doing research on. All of my other hunts will be over by Nov 22nd, and I will be primarily focusing on M3 and G3 when I get back. Now planning scouting trips to all of them between now and October is going to be fun. Will be putting on the highway miles for sure.

My draw results show I pulled one of the open zone fundraising deer tags, I haven't received anything from the state confirming that yet.

G3 will be on the list of areas I will hunt for sure, along with a couple others I am doing research on. All of my other hunts will be over by Nov 22nd, and I will be primarily focusing on M3 and G3 when I get back. Now planning scouting trips to all of them between now and October is going to be fun. Will be putting on the highway miles for sure.

IMO, do not wait for the later rut hunts before going out and trying to find a big buck. Try to find something big on any earlier hunt you can. If you wait until Nov the list of open units gets fewer and fewer and the stress gets higher and higher.

IMO, do not wait for the later rut hunts before going out and trying to find a big buck. Try to find something big on any earlier hunt you can. If you wait until Nov the list of open units gets fewer and fewer and the stress gets higher and higher.

Well.....not really possible for g3

I have a few different priorities for this year. I want to get my 14 year old daughter her first deer, she has two D zone tags that I hope we can fill. My 75 year old father has had some health issues and he doesn't get to hunt unless I take him, so I'm hoping he can be with us on my daughters hunts so they can get to experience the hunts together and get a deer or two. I have an elk tag in Nevada that I drew with four points, and 4th season elk/deer tags in Colorado.

In between all of that I plan to hit a few X zones during the regular season if we can make it. My my main plan right now is to get home from Colorado by Nov 23rd, home for a couple days, then up to M3 for the last few days of that season. Then down to G3 with my father and kids, I want them all along with me. Hunting the opener for three to four days, then go back down for the last 5-7 or so days of that season. We will probably stay in Independence and hunt out of the motel there.

The G3 hunt goes from Dec 5 to the 20th, wondering if hunting the last week of that season maybe too late.

Terry

I have a few different priorities for this year. I want to get my 14 year old daughter her first deer, she has two D zone tags that I hope we can fill. My 75 year old father has had some health issues and he doesn't get to hunt unless I take him, so I'm hoping he can be with us on my daughters hunts so they can get to experience the hunts together and get a deer or two. I have an elk tag in Nevada that I drew with four points, and 4th season elk/deer tags in Colorado.

In between all of that I plan to hit a few X zones during the regular season if we can make it. My my main plan right now is to get home from Colorado by Nov 23rd, home for a couple days, then up to M3 for the last few days of that season. Then down to G3 with my father and kids, I want them all along with me. Hunting the opener for three to four days, then go back down for the last 5-7 or so days of that season. We will probably stay in Independence and hunt out of the motel there.

The G3 hunt goes from Dec 5 to the 20th, wondering if hunting the last week of that season maybe too late.

Terry
The 3rd week of G3 will not be to late! I would also check out G39, even for a few days.

Terry
You sir have a full hunting season scheduled and a very good idea of what your tag can bring you. Snoopdogg approved!?

Its a joke theres only two numbers between G3 and G1. Dont know G37 but hunted G3 and M3 and a few others I would try and hunt as many of the better hunts as time allows, hard to say where you will find the best buck

Devils garden would be high on my list defiantly one notch above m3

I also drew one of the 4 Open Zone tags. How are your plan going since you drew the tag? I have been non stop online, in the filed when forest are closed. So many options.

Hi - I had the tag in 2020. You can find my posts in this G3 thread from last year.

You do have a lot of options, and hopefully the weather cooperates for you and you get some cold and snow that will help with the deer movement. If you do go down and hunt G3 let me know, I'd be happy to give you some suggestions on places to go.

Terry

Will do thanks. Headed to X5b this Friday for a few days of opener.
Quite the tag you have there. Seems like you're putting it to good use and to "have" to fill it on the last hunt in Cali, the G-3....what a problem to have. Good luck, keep us in the loop on your success.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom