So who likes color variant animals.

billc

The more I see them the more I like them. The springbuck slam of copper white black and common started it mainly. Now you have wildebeest , oryx , impala , blesbuck in good numbers and prices coming down. I hope to hunt some of the colored impala and wildebeest soon. When I get back to namibia a golden oryx were they started naturally and not add to the hunting land.

If you saw one would you hunt for it or nope just pass it up. Some pictures of a few we took last trip.

Resized_20220629_130912 (1).jpeg

Resized_20220629_152812 (1).jpeg

Resized_20220701_174231(0).jpeg

Resized_20220628_172030.jpeg

Resized_20220628_120643.jpeg

I know a lot of guys like these designer animals, but I’m not one of them. I prefer to hunt naturally occurring animals instead of animals bred to look different. Nothing against anyone who likes this stuff, it’s just not me.

What’s next, White Cape Buffalo?

They are not made the first one always happens naturally. Like anything that can be done to make money they just breed them from the ones they found. There not made in a test tube in a lab.

They are not for everyone that is for sure but they have final come down in price for guys who like to hunt them.

Here is a naturally occurring nyala I took cant be breed because it only happens when the males are born with out balls. No way I would pass it up and actully had my Ph look for one for me. Saw a picture posted of one before. Took a few years to find a place in natal with one on the area.

Resized_20220706_123742(1).jpeg

I really can't get very excited about the color variations, but that said I have taken a few. When I first started hunting Africa the prices were pretty crazy, and almost all these variations were selectively bred for the SCI "collector" crowd. Not really my thing.

Something like a black-faced impala from Namibia is pretty cool, and the bontebuck was an early trophy I remember fondly. Both are naturally occurring species, although most are being "farmed" these days.

I prefer to spend my African hunting days in more remote camps, where there are no fences and none of the game has been introduced. I understand the attraction of South African game farms, and the color variations provide many with a reason to keep returning to those locations.

Bill

My PH HATES them. When I was there 18 months ago the place we hunted buffalo had some black Impala. He cussed when we drove by some. Not a fan myself

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom