Some early summer velvet.

JakeH

Long Time Member
Thought I would share some pictures I got yesterday (july 2nd) of a good buck. He's not in a unit I can hunt so I won't be going after him but still fun to look at. How much growth do you all think he will put on those forks? Mountain is still in great shape and we've been getting some really good rain storms in our area so I don't think nutrition will be an issue.

Screenshot_20220702-133234_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220702-133242_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220702-133252_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220702-133300_Gallery.jpg

He's a good one. I think he will put inches on each tine before he is done. Maybe 2-3". Not seeing one of those deals where he will have 6-8" more on a tine.

He's a good one. I think he will put inches on each tine before he is done. Maybe 2-3". Not seeing one of those deals where he will have 6-8" more on a tine.
I've seen bucks put on growth into mid August, and have seen them be done about the end of July. Either way he has 4-6 weeks to pack it on. I bet he puts on at least 4"s onto every point, and 6 wouldn't surprise me on those fronts. Like I said nutrition shouldn't be an issue so I don't think he will stunt off.

I've seen bucks put on growth into mid August, and have seen them be done about the end of July. Either way he has 4-6 weeks to pack it on. I bet he puts on at least 4"s onto every point, and 6 wouldn't surprise me on those fronts. Like I said nutrition shouldn't be an issue so I don't think he will stunt off.
I agree

So I dug through some old pictures, I think this is him from 2020 on the left, and this year on the right. Not saying 100% but very similar and basically in the exact same spot within a couple hundred yards of each other. There was actually 2 better bucks with him that year, both typical 4x4s like him but heavier and better forks.

pixlr_20220703230045009.jpg

So I dug through some old pictures, I think this is him from 2020 on the left, and this year on the right. Not saying 100% but very similar and basically in the exact same spot within a couple hundred yards of each other. There was actually 2 better bucks with him that year, both typical 4x4s like him but heavier and better forks.

View attachment 80347
Sure looks like the same buck other than the torn up ear.

Looks like the same buck to me... I hope he puts on another 30" for ya... Or me, if you can get him to the Book Cliffs South area. LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom