Some genuine Italian made...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...lasagna with a link of hot sausage, crispy bread w/garlic butter & a glass of red zin. Oh, and a few calamari rings with a spicy tomato dipping sauce for an appetizer.

lasagna.JPG

lasagna2.JPG

I made some Italian sausage out of my deer this year and it is the bomb. I cooked it in Tomato sauce until tender and Wow I love that stuff.......

I made some Italian sausage out of my deer this year and it is the bomb. I cooked it in Tomato sauce until tender and Wow I love that stuff.......
Did you do hot or sweet??

I generally pre-brown it in a fry pan before adding to the sauce. Have you tried it without the sauce but with peppers & onions?

Did you do hot or sweet??

I generally pre-brown it in a fry pan before adding to the sauce. Have you tried it without the sauce but with peppers & onions?
Yes I like HOT the hotter the better and yes I brown it before I put it in the tomato sauce.
Peppers and onions is an east coast thing but yes I have had that plenty.
I just like it simmered in tomato sauce all day so it is very tender and then put it over some Rigatoni and BAM heaven

That looks very tasty ODW. It us time for me to make some Lasagna. I get passionate about it and use a 5- cheese blend,mushrooms, Italian Sausage, ground sirloin, peppers etc.
BTW when you titled Genuine Italian Made: I bought two pair of Vasque Sundowners in the 90s. They were handmade in Italy back then not Korea or Vietnam Nam like they are now. Those were the most comfortable backpacking boots I've ever had . I loved wearing them anywhere though. I wish I could get some like them again. I would pay over 200 for them.

That looks very tasty ODW. It us time for me to make some Lasagna. I get passionate about it and use a 5- cheese blend,mushrooms, Italian Sausage, ground sirloin, peppers etc.
BTW when you titled Genuine Italian Made: I bought two pair of Vasque Sundowners in the 90s. They were handmade in Italy back then not Korea or Vietnam Nam like they are now. Those were the most comfortable backpacking boots I've ever had . I loved wearing them anywhere though. I wish I could get some like them again. I would pay over 200 for them.
I tend to keep mine somewhat simple with ricotta, parmesan & mozarella, some ground beef & noodles.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom