some info on spot and stalk

manzanp

Never been bear hunting or even seen one in the wild would like to find some info on them i have looked online maybe a book or something like that I,m a Utah resident with 11 points but would like to know more about them before drawing a tag

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-19 AT 09:17AM (MST)[p]Not sure what species.

But if lions, I would not burn 11 points only to spot and stalk. Pick up a harvest objective tag, and try to spot and stalk. You will realize it's not easy.

If you draw a lion tag with 11 points, hire a guide and kill a lion over hounds.

It drives me crazy to hear people complain all the time about the high predator population and the effect it has on our deer and other game species, only to draw a tag to kill such a predator, and opt for the least successful of all options to hunt them.

If you aren't going to use the most efficient means possible to kill a lion, then just hunt the HO areas and say you hunted lions, and leave the draw tag for someone who will use the most efficient means.

Or in the case of Nevada, where you can get two OTC tags a year, and deer hunters constantly complain about the lion numbers.

Get a tag and get after it.

This also applied to bears. Bait and hounds are the most efficient way to kill them. And according to most there are more than enough in Utah.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-19 AT 12:46PM (MST)[p]Ok, I misread that for sure.

I just looked online, and my comment regarding burning points still stands though.

There are many harvest objective hunts that open on the 25th.

Grab a tag and go hunt. Better than burning 11 points and having your expectations dashed.

I am not sure how I missed bear in the first sentence. My apologies.

:\

>Never been bear hunting or even
>seen one in the wild
>would like to find some
>info on them i have
>looked online maybe a book
>or something like that I,m
>a Utah resident with 11
>points but would like to
>know more about them before
>drawing a tag

Learn to read track. Find the areas with the best food, then hunt the areas with the best visibility. The more boots you wear out, the more game ends up in the freezer. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------support your local guzzlers. OHA life member,lapine oregon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom