Some Pictures because africa Ph's just have to temp me all year. LOL

billc

The first bull is my dream bull. not super wide but great drops and bosses that are super nice. Plus if you look you will see young animals in the herds as well. They are on a place in limpopo 45 minutes from zim and 1 1/2 from kruger.

IMG-20221130-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20221130-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20221130-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20221130-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20221202-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20221130-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20221130-WA0012.jpg

Nice buffalo.

For those not familiar with South Africa buffalo operations, the fantastic bull in the 3rd picture is one of the land owner’s breeding bulls and won’t get shot anytime soon. He’s in the prime of his life, probably 9 years old and will be spreading his genes throughout that herd for a few more years before the land owner lets anyone shoot him.

He has exceptional genetics that remind me of the famous Kenyan buffalo named Thunder, who died earlier this year. Captive or truly wild, buffalo like this bull don’t come along very often.

Nice buffalo.

For those not familiar with South Africa buffalo operations, the fantastic bull in the 3rd picture is one of the land owner’s breeding bulls and won’t get shot anytime soon. He’s in the prime of his life, probably 9 years old and will be spreading his genes throughout that herd for a few more years before the land owner lets anyone shoot him.

He has exceptional genetics that remind me of the famous Kenyan buffalo named Thunder, who died earlier this year. Captive or truly wild, buffalo like this bull don’t come along very often.
That bull can be shoot anytime. You may be right for 90% of south africa but not this place. The herd is 350 animals of males and females no one breeder bull in the herd. The best bull that day is the breeder. You should comment on the places you know not the ones you have no clue on. If it is a hard boss bull it can be hunted on this area. The only difference is first bull is 8500 3rd bull is 12000. Landowner charges ph more for bulls over 40".

Last edited:
he is awesome but I like the first one best just love the drop and curves with those bosses. I dont think I would pass up the 3rd though lol

Bill, your panties are a little tight, calm down.

If that landowner would allow that bull to be shot, #1 he’s an extremely rare South African. Not 10% but more like 1%. #2, at that price that bull would almost certainly be dead already as there are a lot of people who’d pay that in a heartbeat to have such a bull.

Bill, your panties are a little tight, calm down.

If that landowner would allow that bull to be shot, #1 he’s an extremely rare South African. Not 10% but more like 1%. #2, at that price that bull would almost certainly be dead already as there are a lot of people who’d pay that in a heartbeat to have such a bull.
No tight at all just not a fan of people talking about what they dont know. It is amazing you must have hunted with 1000's of SA Ph and all the areas over there. Two hunters I took with me last year both took buff that size one of 44 and other 46 at another place though. Those buff were not in the same herd this is on this new area. The one in picture is alive because there are more than one like that in the herd and he is just at the age now where he will be a target coming up if seen.

There are so many big bulls in SA now they need to be bigger than the one in the picture to just be a breeder.

I know you think you know so much but don't post what you think is correct on a post of mine that you have no idea what you're talking about. You may be right for a lot of SA but here you were wrong

Look from above of the area were the animals above live on. The limpopo area is thick and not so easy hunting on the right areas. The reserve is 30,000 acres of fun hunting

IMG-20221204-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20221204-WA0002.jpg

He looks super wide! I don't know if that matters or not, but he looks cool. The first kudu you posted is a monster, IMO.

He looks super wide! I don't know if that matters or not, but he looks cool. The first kudu you posted is a monster, IMO.
he is wider then most bulls and will be a great one in a few years. wide means nothing score wise on kudu you just want nice deep curls to get the inches. I just like kudu score means nothing really to me but to some it does. there just dam fun to hunt

Bill, when you go in September, how long will you be hunting and what animals will you be looking for?
Going to SA for a few days to hunt with Ph friend for colored impala and wildbeest. Then 10 days in Moz for sable and some tiny 10 and maybe kudu or eland with the bow. May do a buff if they still have quota left as I won just a sable plains game auction hunt in coutda 9.

Alot of the pictures now are from the place I am going next year in 2024 SA and I hope to do namibia again in 24 also

Bill, I’ll be keenly interested in hearing your thoughts after you hunt Coutada 9. I assume you’ll be hunting with Mokore. I’m booked with them for late October-early November of ‘24. Do you know who your PH will be?

Bill, I’ll be keenly interested in hearing your thoughts after you hunt Coutada 9. I assume you’ll be hunting with Mokore. I’m booked with them for late October-early November of ‘24. Do you know who your PH will be?
After all my research Mokore was the one I want to hunt with so when I won the auction hunt I was very happy. As of now my Ph is doug but it was not 100% for sure. I am hoping it is with him as he is a bow hunter and we hope to bow hunt as much as we can. I will share details when I come back.

Sorry to say the united states law stop you from being any meat back home.

Some is eaten during your hunt some is sold and some is donated to people.

Think this kind of hunt will be in my future next year in namibia. Out in the desert with a small fly camp just enjoying it all with out all the fancy stuff. Oryx and springbuck plus more

348355456_234528839297142_3393064572397658544_n.jpg

350106582_927110748543330_1580964444977172771_n.jpg

Think this kind of hunt will be in my future next year in namibia. Out in the desert with a small fly camp just enjoying it all with out all the fancy stuff. Oryx and springbuck plus more

View attachment 111813

View attachment 111814
Bill, I did this exact thing, but on the Botswana side and just north of Kalahari Gemsbok Park, back in 1989. We camped like that for a few days and it was wonderful. Best part of a great safari.

Bill, I did this exact thing, but on the Botswana side and just north of Kalahari Gemsbok Park, back in 1989. We camped like that for a few days and it was wonderful. Best part of a great safari.
I am thinking it would be some great fun for a few days. So many areas in namibia I like to see.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom