Someone elses tag...

Wiszard

Long Time Member
How many of you know people who fill their wives, daughters, sons, Dads or Moms tag? I know there are those that do it. I just wonder how prevalent it is. Answer truthfully if you know people that do it. I don't know anyone who does that and if they did, I don't think I'd hunt with them.

I use to know family’s that use to do party hunt, I think most of that stopped 5 to ten years ago they always seemed to get busted, spotted by the game warden.

It was done quite often when I first came to Utah, back in the 1970’s but there was definitely social pressure to curtail it. As the quality of the hunting experience declined, the hunting community seemed to start to self manage that particular illegal but apparent largely ignored practice. I have been trying to remember if I can think if I ever remember if anyone ever got fined for that specific infraction. I don’t. Other poaching violations were prosecuted but I can not recall anyone getting a ticket for using a spouses tag or for a youth using a parents tag....... but they certainly could have and probably were, and I just didn’t hear about it.......... before social media carried the “underground news” daily.

As I mentioned previously, social norms seemed to have changed the behavior considerably. Of course, I’m only sharing a perspective through the small keyhole of my periscope.

Yes, I believe that would be poaching.
Hmm. Well I know I filled more then one of my dads tags. He’d say”oh your scopes better then mine, you shoot that deer” was it poaching? I guess. Pretty sure my dad just wanted to see me get another deer. He was right there, rifle in hand. Couple big time outlaws

Later my dad got a disabled status and I could fill his tag for him as long as he was a 1/4 mile from me or some distance like that.

I dont have any sons. None of my girls ever really wanted to hunt. I do have two grand sons. Just little guys now. But I wonder, if when there old enough if they’re going to have nicer scopes on there rifles then mine. Just might be an outlaw again

Everyone’s moral compass points in a slightly different direction, thus the need for laws. It’s not enough to be right, you have to be legal too, so best know the house rules.

Do you cheat at golf also? Nobody’s watching there either….but wait……those kids are watching.

This should be fun.:)

Hmm. Well I know I filled more then one of my dads tags. He’d say”oh your scopes better then mine, you shoot that deer” was it poaching? I guess. Pretty sure my dad just wanted to see me get another deer. He was right there, rifle in hand. Couple big time outlaws

Later my dad got a disabled status and I could fill his tag for him as long as he was a 1/4 mile from me or some distance like that.

I dont have any sons. None of my girls ever really wanted to hunt. I do have two grand sons. Just little guys now. But I wonder, if when there old enough if they’re going to have nicer scopes on there rifles then mine. Just might be an outlaw again

i agree with this situation legal or not I agree. Now having a group of six guys shoot six cows for one tag that’s another thing. But I do think if the tag holder is there that’s a different Story. I don’t think that is a moral compass issue.

I wouldn’t be, where I see the

i agree with this situation legal or not I agree. Now having a group of six guys shoot six cows for one tag that’s another thing. But I do think if the tag holder is there that’s a different Story. I don’t think that is a moral compass issue.
So, I can just have my guide shoot it? Come on guys……think. If you can‘t pull the trigger, don’t pull the tag.

I don’t care who kills the thing if there all there. Sitting at camp no

Hey blue. There was a guy in here a while back posted video of his disabled daughter activating a trigger through a iPad while he held the gun. What’s your moral compass read on that one?

I don’t care who kills the thing if there all there. Sitting at camp no

Hey blue. There was a guy in here a while back posted video of his disabled daughter activating a trigger through a iPad while he held the gun. What’s your moral compass read on that one?
I thought it was a mouth control and mounted to her chair? Anyway, I dig it. Good on her for getting it done. (y)

But to equate your situations is shameful on your part.:(

No, my Subaru won’t go that fast.
10-4 and I don’t doubt you ride the straight and narrow. All I think is it should be legal in a situation where the hunter and said shooter are I the same exact spot. Would this get abused sure it would. But how many animal get senselessly poached a year? People are **** bags and will always do the wrong thing no matter what the law is. I just think it’s silly to site a dad or grandpa for letting a young hunter shoot there animal while they are sitting next to each other.

Think about it Wisz!

You Think it is a Perfect World!

Truth Be Known!

And If You Could Get The MM Angels to admit to it!

Probably Ain't too Many Around That Hasn't Bent a Big Game Rule Just a Little in Their Day!

Was not equating anything, never said I was did I? I was asking about your “moral compass” based on your statement of “if you can’t pull the trigger don’t pull the tag”

Either a flip flop or your moral compass isn’t so pure as you led on

Was not equating anything, never said I was did I? I was asking about your “moral compass” based on your statement of “if you can’t pull the trigger don’t pull the tag”

Either a flip flop or your moral compass isn’t so pure as you led on
:rolleyes: So I confused you? Come on, you can do better that that.

And whether you know it or not, you have a moral compass.

I was thinking about situations like this....husband has wife pass hunter safety so she can draw decent tags in 5-10 years. Husband has her go on hunt with him and he fills her tag. She never intended to hunt but hubby wanted to double his odds of drawing good tags every so often. Is that the same as son shooting a deer on Dads tag? I think there are different situations that are more acceptable than others. But, the definition of "legal" needs to come in to play or it'll be a free for all.

How about a limit of fish when you take the wife out? You fill yours and watch her fish the rest of the day? I know your the holiest of holy’s so I’m sure your moral compass commands it

So?

You Think You're Gonna Hunt On Ms Wisz's Tag?

Well!

That Sshhitt Ain't Gonna Happen!

Cuzz I'm Gonna Hunt on Her Tag!

I was thinking about situations like this....husband has wife pass hunter safety so she can draw decent tags in 5-10 years. Husband has her go on hunt with him and he fills her tag. She never intended to hunt but hubby wanted to double his odds of drawing good tags every so often. Is that the same as son shooting a deer on Dads tag? I think there are different situations that are more acceptable than others. But, the definition of "legal" needs to come in to play or it'll be a free for all.

How about a limit of fish when you take the wife out? You fill yours and watch her fish the rest of the day? I know your the holiest of holy’s so I’m sure your moral compass commands it
That is a good example of when it's ok...and legal.

So, the husband gets 2 tags and some poor sap gets squat because he played by the rules.

I guess we all should cheat to make it more fair.?

My wife would shoot you in the guts if you try to fill her tag. And she wants to kill me if I try to drag a fish home (except halibut). Seriously.

Wait till outdoor writer gets in here and starts taking about his moral compass and gays! Then we can really get to preaching at each other !!

My wife would shoot you in the guts if you try to fill her tag. And she wants to kill me if I try to drag a fish home (except halibut). Seriously.
Wasn’t askin about tags. Seeing how deep your moral compass runs with fish and game laws . 5 fish limit, two of you in the boat, you stop fishing at 5 and sip lemon aid the rest of the day?

I can’t support conditional laws. There are too subjective to live by and would be a nightmare to enforce. It would throw a boat load of cases before the courts and eventually law enforcement would most likely ignore it. So, allowing under some circumstances and not in others doesn’t seem to be a workable environment. Would I like to let my grand child fill my tag, sure but a mentor rule might be a more reasonable solution, not that that two can’t and isn’t abused I suppose.

As for the question: Have I? There are something’s I don’t care to share on social media cuz I don’t keep up on statue of limition laws.......... just saying.

Wasn’t askin about tags. Seeing how deep your moral compass runs with fish and game laws . 5 fish limit, two of you in the boat, you stop fishing at 5 and sip lemon aid the rest of the day?
Yup. How f’n hungry are you guys?

And we’re talking about YOUR moral compass. I don’t believe I’ve offered up any examples of my behavior.

Yup. How f’n hungry are you guys?

And we’re talking about YOUR moral compass. I don’t believe I’ve offered up any examples of my behavior.
Ooohhhh, well that makes it easy for you. We’re talking about other peoples morals while applying no standards to our selves. Your good at this internet thing

Ooohhhh, well that makes it easy for you. We’re talking about other peoples morals while applying no standards to our selves. Your good at this internet thing
Dude, I’ve dug a lot of holes on my place without calling “bluestake”.

And did you know it’s illegal to get within 3’ of a bicycle with your truck in Colorado? Pretty sure I’ve broken that one and who knows how many other laws.

See, I’m no angel.

To address the question, I think Lumpy was correct. Back in the day, lots of aunt's, wives, etc had tags. Back in the day, lots of those folks survived solely on deer.

I find that different than dudes trophy hunting with their "wives."

I think it was more common that aunt's, grandma's, etc killed "their deer" on opening weekend. The ones that didn't, were most likely because someone panicked and snapped the tag, or notched it, depending on times. Im pretty sure very few aunt's, tagged deer until they were at the house.

Grew up party hunting in Iowa with a shotgun. Was the norm. Now out here in Colorado the ethics police say this is wrong. Guess it all depends upon your up bringing IMO. Frankly to me it's not a big deal. A tag filled is a tag filled no matter who fills it.

It's common practice, or at least it was. I've never had the occasion to participate in it, as I've been mostly a lone wolf. Boat limits is quite another thing. We all fish until we limit out. I have been known to use the foot wedge when golfing, as long as no one sees me. My dad taught me that. If it's for money then no.

Back in the day, I think grandma filling a tag from camp…or the house was pretty common. Not so much anymore.

I remember growing up in a mining camp, and the neighbor with a wife and two daughters bragging that he was able to get 4 deer that year, because it was OTC in those days, and apparently neither his wife nor his daughters were even interested in "the hunt". I asked my Dad why no one ever reported him to NDOW- no one wanted to "rat him out". Actually one of the reasons I wanted to go to college and enter the Wildlife Management program and try to do my part to "protect and serve" wildlife. I did garner a degree in Wildlife Mgt., but ended up being a State Park Ranger/Supervisor instead. I still was able to assist the Wardens on several occasions of poaching/illegal hunting incidents over the years.

I also remember a few humorous incidents relayed by warden friends: One in particular: two ladies in camp, playing cards. The warden wanted to know if he could check the tags on the deer: "Who's George?",,,"Oh that's my husband's deer. He's out there trying to get mine now!" The warden waited patiently for George to return... ;)

It's common practice, or at least it was. I've never had the occasion to participate in it, as I've been mostly a lone wolf. Boat limits is quite another thing. We all fish until we limit out. I have been known to use the foot wedge when golfing, as long as no one sees me. My dad taught me that. If it's for money then no.
Wow, I didn’t think you could shock me anymore eel but you got’er done, again, after all these years.

“I have been known to use the foot wedge, when golfing, as long as no one see’s me.” ......... If it’s for money, then no.”

I guess we’re not brothers from different mother after all.

Now this would be how I approach it.

“I never use the foot wedge, when golfing........ unless it’s for money, then, yes.”

Glad to see at least one person being honest here.

Yep I’ve party hunted before. I think the worst involved 14 dead elk and two very hot barrels. No sad story on this end. It was common in our household. Not something I’ll likely pass on to my kids.

If every tag printed was considered a dead deer by the state then party hunting would have never become an ethical or legal dilemma.

But since the states decided they wanted to "manage" for opportunity instead of the wildlife, they became gamblers of hunt failure. Just like gambling in a cassino they have to make more and more rules to control success.

So the reality is when states decided to deviate from the ethical and effective practices of wildlife management THEY HAD TO RESHAPE HUNTING ETHICS.

No moral compass here as morality is eternal and based upon higher understanding than any single generation can define. Hunting rules and regulations change figuratively times in the blink of an eye or stroke of a pen. Thusly a hunters ethics may differ from the first hunt until his last.

Grew up party hunting in Iowa with a shotgun. Was the norm. Now out here in Colorado the ethics police say this is wrong. Guess it all depends upon your up bringing IMO. Frankly to me it's not a big deal. A tag filled is a tag filled no matter who fills it.
The law says it’s illegal, not me. And there are lots of legal things I don’t agree with.

I don’t cheat at golf, and it’s not even illegal. But I will go out of my way to claim relief from a burrowing animal hole ;) I’m becoming more out of step with the times even faster these days I guess.

And don’t forget all those threads where I am credited with being a Master Baiter.?

Last edited:
I remember in the 60's that the first thing we did when we got to camp was to shoot a doe for the whole camp to eat on. This was an acceptable practice back then but not sustainable by any means.
Later on early 70's it stopped as the areas where you could shoot two deer were mostly gone. Then the F&G started to enforce the rules and guys were getting tickets.

I remember in the 60's that the first thing we did when we got to camp was to shoot a doe for the whole camp to eat on. This was an acceptable practice back then but not sustainable by any means.
Later on early 70's it stopped as the areas where you could shoot two deer were mostly gone. Then the F&G started to enforce the rules and guys were getting tickets.
Back in the 60's in California blacktail deer numbers were at their historic highs. I was studying wildlife management at the local collage. The cry from Fish & Game was to kill more deer, especially does, because the habitat had reached the carrying capacity. You could witness it in the woods with over browsing. California had a law that stated County Supervisors had to approve any doe hunts. I used to go to meetings where Fish & Game would present their case to the Supervisors and the ask for doe hunts. They got rejected every time. So yes, shooting a doe was actually a good thing back then, even if it wasn't legal.

On an elk hunt in Unit 10 AZ back in 2015 two "hunters" driving in their tricked-out Jeep with a massive light bar shining into my rearview came up behind us on a two-track as we made our way to the morning's hunt. There was really only one good hunt approach to the area the two-track headed, so I stopped as a courtesy to let them know what our plans were. High hill on one side of basin was where my son would be, I was working the far side of basin. The two "hunters" stated they wanted the hill for themselves, and then asked if we were capable of executing our hunt. I was confused- so they enlightened me that the best way to hunt the basin was "long range shooting, we can go 1500 yards on a shot". I told them we weren't doing that, but still intended to still hunt and glass and stalk as we have successfully done for years. Then, when they realized they hadn't shamed me into turning around, informed me that the two permit holders were the 10 year old twin girls in the back of the jeep. I just left and went forward on the two track- they turned around much to my delight...

Yep I’ve party hunted before. I think the worst involved 14 dead elk and two very hot barrels. No sad story on this end. It was common in our household. Not something I’ll likely pass on to my kids.
That's some nice shooting!

only issue I have with this is how pissed id be if i came walking up the hill to you and found out i had to process 14 f'n elk

One of the first times I had the 128 deer tag in Dubois, I came upon a couple guys in two trucks from Minnesota. I asked if they were deer hunting, and they said "No, cow elk. " I had been watching a couple dozen bedded about 300-400 yards off the road in some trees just before I encountered these guys, and asked how come they hadn't shot one of those. Hadn't seen them, and asked if I would show them so I obliged.

They broke out 2 BAR's with BOSS muzzle breaks and commenced firing. When they quit (after reloading once), half the herd lay on the hillside. One of them called on the CB radio and their 4 buddies showed up, to start dragging them to the road. Last time I ever showed anyone an animal again!!!

The law says it’s illegal, not me. And there are lots of legal things I don’t agree with.

I don’t cheat at golf, and it’s not even illegal. But I will go out of my way to claim relief from a burrowing animal hole ;) I’m becoming more out of step with the times even faster these days I guess.

And don’t forget all those threads where I am credited with being a Master Baiter.?
I'm surprised you think golfers have a moral compass. I live on a golf course. In the last ten years my house been hit with golf balls more than 200 times. Not once has a golfer ever knocked on my door and told me he hit my house and offered to pay for damages. Not once. The guy that broke my $1,400 glass French door ran like Hell. He didn't tee up another ball. He didn't finish playing that hole or the next one because I went looking for him.

They won't even shout fore. The only warning I get is if I hear them zip through the leaves on the trees. If you want to know how big a bruise a golf ball will leave on your thigh it's about five inches in diameter.

Self policing doesn't work for anything.

It wasn’t a titleist was it? That’s why I carry a bunch of peoples cards around. ;) Seriously, why are they supposed to knock on your door, to help you file your homeowners claim??

I’ve played a bunch of courses, and probably have hit your house. I’ve hit more houses than I’ve kilt deer.

And I never said golfers don’t cheat, or that they weren’t aholes. All I said is that everyone’s moral compass points in a little different direction.

I built my house across the street from a cowboy’s winter feed lot. My neighbor built his house across the street from the same feed lot.

A few years later my neighbor knocks on my door. He has a petition for me to sign. I read it.

I said, “You knew there was a golf course there when you built your house.......... Didn’t you.”

He said, “Well, it stinks......... Doesn’t it.

I said, “It sure does, what’s your point.”

He was pissed at me for a couple of weeks.........

It wasn’t a titleist was it? That’s why I carry a bunch of peoples cards around. ;) Seriously, why are they supposed to knock on your door, to help you file your homeowners claim??

I’ve played a bunch of courses, and probably have hit your house. I’ve hit more houses than I’ve kilt deer.

And I never said golfers don’t cheat, or that they weren’t aholes. All I said is that everyone’s moral compass points in a little different direction.
No one has a right to damage my property and not compensate me for it. The door cost $1,400 and my deductible is $2,000. So it came out of my pocket. That golfer owes me $1,400 and if I had caught up with him I would have got my $1,400 one way or another.

Anyone that would damages someone's property and not pay for it would poach a deer in a minute.

Not any different than damaging someone's car in a parking lot and not being responsible for it.

Knocking a window out of someone's house, damaging their car or poaching a deer. All the same thing. Stealing something from someone else and not feeling responsible and hoping you don't get caught.

No one has a right to damage my property and not compensate me for it. The door cost $1,400 and my deductible is $2,000. So it came out of my pocket. That golfer owes me $1,400 and if I had caught up with him I would have got my $1,400 one way or another.

Anyone that would damages someone's property and not pay for it would poach a deer in a minute.

Not any different than damaging someone's car in a parking lot and not being responsible for it.

Knocking a window out of someone's house, damaging their car or poaching a deer. All the same thing. Stealing something from someone else and not feeling responsible and hoping you don't get caught.
In the court of public opinion you may be right, but I think this one’s been litigated already. And you help make my point.

Well, I can’t help myself. I know your responding to blue, I over heard you, from my booth.

Maybe you could look at it this way: your only $600 away from having your deductible paid this year.

Maybe next year, see if the math and the carnage justify a higher premium and but a lower deductible.

Maybe next time you could buy the lot/house next to the driving range fence.

Maybe next year, put the house on the market, out west prices are at historic highs. Look at it as serendipity. And maybe find a nice lake shore to build next too...... or there are pretty good deals in Chloride, Arizona and there’s no golfers or party boaters to bother anybody there.

I do have a question but of course I do understand you have every right to ask me to kiss own a$$:

When you bought your place on the golf course were you expecting lawn bowling or what? It does seem like a legitimate thing to asks ones self.

It would sure would have allowed the morally corrupt to proceed without fear of an ass whoop’in someday. Family tag sharing despots only get fined, they rarely get a beating....... just saying.

Last edited:
When I bought the house I didn’t know golfers were criminals. People that would break laws and damage peoples property and not think they were responsible for it.

I didn’t want to give anyone a beating. I just wanted his contact information. Same as if he had rear ended me with his car.

I don’t have a problem with the window getting broken, accidents happen. I have a problem with the person causing the accident not being responsible for it.

WV, you know I’m just pressing a hot button, not kind of me but that’s what guys do around camp fires. It’s a tradition. The biggest jerk has the most fun...........

Well, I can’t help myself. I know your responding to blue, I over heard you, from my booth.

Maybe you could look at it this way: your only $600 away from having your deductible paid this year.

Maybe next year, see if the math and the carnage justify a higher premium and but a lower deductible.

Maybe next time you could buy the lot/house next to the driving range fence.

Maybe next year, put the house on the market, out west prices are at historic highs. Look at it as serendipity. And maybe find a nice lake shore to build next too...... or there are pretty good deals in Chloride, Arizona and there’s no golfers or party boaters to bother anybody there.

I do have a question but of course I do understand you have every right to ask me to kiss own a$$:

When you bought your place on the golf course were you expecting lawn bowling or what? It does seem like a legitimate thing to asks ones self.

It would sure would have allowed the morally corrupt to proceed without fear of an ass whoop’in someday. Family tag sharing despots only get fined, they rarely get a beating....... just saying.
So I gotta chime in about my goofy experience.

In my much younger days, I had a wicked slice with my driver. One day I was driving off the tee & sliced it as usual. It shattered an upstairs picture window on a house about 150 yds. down the fairlway. No one came out to the yard.

I finished the round, got in my car and drove around the block to where the house was. When I knocked on the door, a nice lady answered. I told her what had happened & that I would pay for the window if needed.

She didn't even know it had been broken until I told her. She said it wasn't the 1st time. Then she sent me on my way, telling me they had a rider on their homeowner's policy for glass breakage.

if you live on a golf course and complain about your house getting hit with golf balls you have the problem, not the golfers/golf course. what did you think it was just a bunch of free landscaping back there for your benefit?

like people building there house on a river and are then blown away when it floods. seems like thee may have been opportunity to recognize potential pit falls in the process of buying a house...

The only property covenant that applies to golf is that you can come on my property to recover your ball and I have to allow it, you won’t be trespassing.

But no one ever comes in my yard to retrieve a ball. I have a thousand balls out in the garage and I’ve given away a thousand. I didn’t get them all out of the yard but a lot of them.

Last edited:
The only property covenant that applies to golf is that you can come on my property to recover your ball and I have to allow it, you won’t be trespassing.

But no one ever comes in my yard to retrieve a ball. I have a thousand balls out in the garage and I’ve given away a thousand. I didn’t get them all out of the yard but a lot of them.
That’s weird. I would have never thought it was ok to go into someone’s yard, unless maybe it was a country club membership thing.

The friendly folks around here have the “trespassers will be shot” signs.

Golf is dangerous game....... clear as broken glass.

I think I’m gonna have an epiphany right now. (dang, that’s twice I’ve used that word today)

I had a neighbor once, (a different one than the one I mentioned earlier, with the petition) The kids like to ring his door bell cuz it made him go bat sh!t crazy, and they loved it. He would chase them, curse at them and I think, on one occasion, he waved a 357 around, for an evening.

Those kids rang everybodies door bell, the rest of us just ignored the little bastards and they rarely came by again. Not for ole, bat sh!t, they loved him and they came by right regular, for a few years there.

Makes me wonder if there might just be something going on here WV. Regular golfers most likely have a pretty good read on the fairway pit bulls. Could it be some of those slices....... ain’t slices?

Maybe you should ask the Pro if the club gives mulligans on the third hole? Nan....... that’s just silly!

I'm surprised you think golfers have a moral compass. I live on a golf course. In the last ten years my house been hit with golf balls more than 200 times. Not once has a golfer ever knocked on my door and told me he hit my house and offered to pay for damages. Not once. The guy that broke my $1,400 glass French door ran like Hell. He didn't tee up another ball. He didn't finish playing that hole or the next one because I went looking for him.

They won't even shout fore. The only warning I get is if I hear them zip through the leaves on the trees. If you want to know how big a bruise a golf ball will leave on your thigh it's about five inches in diameter.

Self policing doesn't work for anything.
In college I worked at a golf course that ran parallel to a main drag in Lubbock. About once a week people would come in complaining of broken windshields and dents in their car from golf balls. We had pre-printed letters from the golf course attorney stating the local statute that ruled they were assuming the risk by driving by the golf course. Not sure if golf course neighborhoods fall under the same legal gray area.

I also remember a few humorous incidents relayed by warden friends: One in particular: two ladies in camp, playing cards. The warden wanted to know if he could check the tags on the deer: "Who's George?",,,"Oh that's my husband's deer. He's out there trying to get mine now!" The warden waited patiently for George to return... ;)

Hope she had a big set, nice hindend, or cooked like a champ?

taxes??

When We Were Kids Dad Would Take Us Up Camping & Fishing!

We Were at The Lake before Daylight!

Slayin Fish Like You've Never Seen!

Game Warden Showed up a Little Later & Checked Us Out!

Then Asked If Our Old Man Was Up at the Trailer?

He Drives Up To The Camp Trailer & Asks The Old Man If He Was Going Fishing Today!

The Old Man Says Yes,I Think I'll Try it a little Later!

The Warden Replies:No You Won't!

Your Kids Have Got Their Limits,Your Limit & 3 Extras!

Probably Good thing that was about 50 Years ago!:D

That was in the good old day Robert......... hope some Dads and their boys still get to meet some of those kinds of F & G hero’s today. I think they do exist but may not be as common as they were back then.

The word on the street is that golf is a gentlemen's game, but there are damned few gentlemen playing it. Luckily there is only one house on our local course in range of my driver.

I have 3 kids. I filled their tags but not my wife's. I had to drive fast to get them from town. After I got home I went 110 in a 65 to catch two limits of salmon.
Then I woke up and was glad I didn't really do it.

The word on the street is that golf is a gentlemen's game, but there are damned few gentlemen playing it. Luckily there is only one house on our local course in range of my driver.
The course where I was a member & played a few times per week was originally built as part of a housing development. All the holes wind their way between houses. It's the same course where I broke the window nearly 50 years ago.

It closed up just before I quit playing three years ago. Since then the owner had been trying to get zoning to develop the course, but the homeowners have been fighting to leave the course like a park. The city agreed.

Latest I could find on it:

The course where I was a member & played a few times per week was originally built as part of a housing development. All the holes wind their way between houses. It's the same course where I broke the window nearly 50 years ago.

It closed up just before I quit playing three years ago. Since then the owner had been trying to get zoning to develop the course, but the homeowners have been fighting to leave the course like a park. The city agreed.

Latest I could find on it:
Pretty sad to read.

Out of 91 posts, I learned one thing. If you own a house on a golf course, your house will be hit with golf balls. Who would have ever thought.....
And sometimes, just NEAR a course will do. :cool:

My daughter's house sits across the street from another row of houses that back up to a golf course. About once a month, she would give me a dozen or more balls that had sailed clear over the first row of houses, crossed the road & wound up in her front yard.

I like golf.:)
00A0DDF1-70BA-4920-A1EA-E5B11D24347D.jpeg

All we ever got at Villa De Paz were geese. I killed one with a ball to the head & broke the leg of another one. They were both on the ground feeding on the fairway.

At another course during a men's club tourney I did my best Randy Johnson imitation. I was driving off the tee when a dove crossed out front, It was about 15 feet up and 30 yds. out. The ball nailed it square in the head, killing it instantly.

Bottom Line is This Wisz!

You Can't Hunt/Party Hunt On Ms Wisz's Elk Tag!

This Ain't the 1960's Anymore!

Now I Can See Ms Wisz Pulling The Trigger!

But After That Wisz!

The Animal is All Yours!

Gutting!

Hackin!

Packin!

That's When It's Your Bull Wisz!:D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hope Your Daughter & Everybody is Doing Well!

Sounds like George didn't know how to keep himself "honest". Should've put his wife's tag on the deer at camp...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom