Sonic cleaners?

foundation

Very Active Member
Any body using a sonic cleaner? I have always used the walnut media and a vibrating cleaner with good results but I'm curious about the sonic cleaners. Actually the wife brought it up because she does lots of mounted shooting and blanks that she shoots through her single actions make a mess that's time consuming to clean. She suggested we get a sonic cleaner to clean her single actions and for me to clean my brass.

Any good or bad experience with the system?

they work great, but be careful..I burned up my lyman by sloshing the water around and getting the "brains" wet..I know of a few guys that have done the same thing.

keeping that in mind, i think you will like them, they do a really good job inside and out.

All i know about them is that my buddy the Jeweler uses his to clean diamond rings, earrings, and stuff...

I got about 10 pounds of tarnished, corroded Copper fittings i'd like to get cleaned up? :) lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-13 AT 12:22PM (MST)[p]If you can afford one it might be worthwhile to check out the ones that clean with stainless steel pins in water with a bit of soap.
I'll see if I can find a link.

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/

This has been linked before by Reddog I think.

Sage you need to get a sonic cleaner for all those nasty fittings and I will send you stuff for cleaning. Haha. Probably up your prices for fancy fittings, see its a win win deal.

I have researched the stainless pins and they seem pretty cool for bulk brass but I would be a little leary of putting gun parts in there. The wifes single actions are all tuned up and I wouldn't want to mess with the stainless steel pins messing up anything on her guns. With the sonic cleaners she can just pull the grips and soak the six shooters.

If I was made of money I would get that stainless pin setup in a minute because I get bulk range brass by the garbage can load and those 223 cases are nasty after they have sat under the snow all winter.

A little trick I did pick up is using vinegar to soak the nasty brass. I pick up jugs of vinegar from Sams club for dirt cheap, soak them for a about twenty minutes let them dry and then tumble.

What is sage one of those guys like bessy ? I don't think my media cleans as well the inside of the shell as the outside . Do these sonic cleaners clean the inside as good as the outside.

BigJohnT the sonic cleaners clean the inside and primer pockets since everything is submerged according to the research I have been doing. I don't really know how big of a deal that is for cleaning the inside of the case in my case, but I think that's the claim to fame as well as how fast they clean.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom